• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Customized Strat wiring question

4styx

I was wondering if it's possible to wire a stock Fender strat so that the middle and bridge are on the same tone control, with the ability to bypass the middle tone control when on the the neck/middle position.
Is a different or custom switch required? Thanks in advance.

stevel

I assume you have a 5 way switch currently?

I believe you need a "super switch" for at least the 2nd part of your request (or both things combined).

Just to be clear for the experts who will post later :) - when you are in N/M, you want the Neck Tone control (1) to be in effect, but the M&B Tone (2) to be bypassed, yes?

Position 1 (B) = Tone 2
Position 2 (B/M) = Tone 2
Position 3 (M) = Tone 2
Position 4 (N/M) = Tone 1 (only)
Position 5 (N) = Tone 1

Yes?

AdmiralB

Yeah, you need a switch with five discrete throws, instead of three throws with two 'shared' in-betweens. IOW, the "super switch".

Bazaboy33

Silver Supporting Member
Try it with no tone on the middle. If you never use the middle pickup by itself, you may like the results. Or you could get a No-Load tone pot for the Bridge/Mid, which will take the tone pot out of the circuit when on "10".

Tonebender

Silver Supporting Member
If you use a super switch, you can bypass the tone controls on the 2 & 4 positions.

No-load tone controls are fun and another great option for extra bite all around...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom