CV Duo Sonic Modding - and a question on conversion necks

devonteran

I just picked up a CV Duo Sonic in a trade.
I'm having fun on the guitar, and I haven't decided I will yet, but I thought it'd be fun to play around with modding this guitar.

I've got a few questions.

1. From what I've read it looks like this guitar has a 24" conversion neck. Does that mean I could put a 25.5 Fender neck on there and it'd work? Usually conversion necks go the other way I think so I was unsure. Could I potentially get a baritone conversion neck and rock it low? ('and the Wichita lineman. . . is still on the line!"

2. I think that some of the most beautiful guitars I've ever played are SS Jaguars, but I don't have one. Does anyone know if it's possible to get jag pickups and put them in one of these? If I did that, are there any suggestions on what pickups to go with? I loooooove the jag tones that The National gets, but I'm guessing that some of that tone is also in the hardware of the jag.

3. There's also a part of me that thinks it'd be fun to convert this thing into a tenor guitar. Those aren't too common so it might be fun.

Right now this is a wide open project. All of my guitars are weird beasts, I don't have a standard single coil or a standard humbucker guitar (never have actually), and it'd probably be nice to cover that ground, but I'm just drawn to strange beasts. It also might be fun to pop some hums in this guitar. I'm really not sure. I just got this guitar thinking it'd be fun to have something I'm not worried about modding.

Last edited: