D*A*M* Effects

Unadan

I've contacted them twice by email in the last several months and never gotten any response from them. I asked about ordering and which pedals were still in production - no dice. I've heard so many great things about their pedals that I'd love to eventually get one. But the lack of customer service has me thinking twice about ordering one vs. staying with a USA made tonebender clone from Lumpy or someone else. Anyone else have a similar experience with DAM or are they usually responsive to their (potential) customers?

Last question - those of you that purchased DAMs - how did you get them? Did you get them on DAMs ebay site or go to one of their approved vendors in the UK?

imguitardan

Contact their "dealers" and wait five years?
http://www.stompboxes.co.uk/DAMned.html

Or pay $800+ on the Emporium or Ebay...

Don't let the lack of service sway you. There's a reason these pedals are in demand. If they screw you (or any one else) over then look elsewhere. You'd hear about screwjobs on the interwebs, I'd imagine.

coolhand78

You can only order their pedals through Vintage & Rare guitars
in London, they are no longer selling direct, so direct your inquiries
to V&R and you'll be mor of a chance at getting a response...

The D*A*M forum is also a good place for info...

CitizenAudio

Before you write off D*A*M's customer service and make a huge mistake here is the essential information:

1.) If you havn't already, do yourself a favor and join the forum. You get all the information first hand there.

2.) All D*A*M production pedals are funneled to Vintage and Rare guitars in London. They are the only authorized dealer of D*A*M pedals. You have to deal with them directly in order to get on "waitlists" for whichever pedals you desire.

Right. Just ignore their bad customer service. When your pedals sell for $700 used, you don't need to worry about little things like answering customer questions, etc.

devnulljp

Right. Just ignore their bad customer service. When your pedals sell for $700 used, you don't need to worry about little things like answering customer questions, etc.
Operative word there is used. DAM's not making that on them anyway, so bitching about the price has nothing to do with DAM. Kinda like complaining at Jeorge Tripps because an Angry Troll is $800 or Mike Matthews because a triangle Big Muff is $600.

This is how you get one: http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/Our-Catalogue/Effects/D*A*M-Stompboxes

Easy.

HipShake

Hi Everyone , I usually just read but had to comment on this one. I got a 1966 a few years back , from Juniors Music (just before the Fire :( ). All Of my questions and requests to D.A.M. were answered very quickly and kindly. David and the guys were always great to deal with . I know their pedals are like hens teeth to get but worth it . I Sadly sold mine in a moment of weakness . I have a New Hudson Electronics Mr Soul on the Way ! Cheers

Oh, I am not complaining about the price. I don't think the OP was either. I think he was frustrated at not getting a response from the business. Doesn't take much to send your customer a link, if they are looking to buy your product, right? Sure, its says where to get them on the web site, but an email is a little thing. You can even send out an automated response with ordering details.

Cado

Not to hard to poke around the website and find this against a black background:
[SIZE=+1]Where to get D*A*Mned [/SIZE]
look below it & click on the link given either.

jimi_dylan

It is inconsiderate to blame someone for not responding to questions they have preemptively answered for your convenience, and it is quite easy to type www.stompboxes.co.uk and scroll down to find those answers.

Last edited:
I love these philosophical discussions.:huh

I get emails or instant messages from customers or co-workers asking for info that is clearly detailed on our team's web site. I make the assumption that they either did not look, or perhaps they just missed it. But, I answer their questions, even though I am very busy, because they need help and because it's my job. Might take me a day or two, but it sure doesn't take a month.

Unadan

One of the reasons I contacted them directly is that I read (on this board somewhere) that their Professional Mk. 2 was no longer being produced. Their web site makes no mention of this.

scottyy

That a boy Jimi!!! DAM rocks!! I've gotten a few pedals from them, mostly second hand. You all have to remember that there have been tremendously long waiting lists to get these pedals, which are now closed, and David STILL isn't done yet because he is busting his ass trying to GET them done. His pedals are works and sounds of art. They take lots of time to make because he does it perfectly. He works round the clock filling these orders. I came in on the DAM scene a bit late and i still have 9 of the most incredible pedals i've ever owned. A little persistence and forum membership go a long way. The customer service that i have received, whenever i have asked their moderator a question, has always been prompt and always informative. There is nothing wrong with anything that DAM does in my opinion. But no Co. is perfect. So let's cut em' a little slack here. Become a forum member and you'll see the truth. Rock on!!

Unadan

Not to hard to poke around the website and find this against a black background:
[SIZE=+1]Where to get D*A*Mned [/SIZE]
look below it & click on the link given either.
Hard to find in your post though ;)

If I have questions or want clarification on something related to their business - I expect an answer. Simple as that. If they don't want direct inquiries from consumers then the email section of their web site should be removed. That said i'm happy to join their forum as that sounds like a good way to get info direct from the mfg. Thanks for the suggestion.

Atdi2000

I love these philosophical discussions.:huh

I get emails or instant messages from customers or co-workers asking for info that is clearly detailed on our team's web site. I make the assumption that they either did not look, or perhaps they just missed it. But, I answer their questions, even though I am very busy, because they need help and because it's my job. Might take me a day or two, but it sure doesn't take a month.
I would expect prompt answer from a bigger business, but slow email answers from one or two person business is to be expected. They do have a forum and list V&R as a distributor so you could call them. Don't slag someone's business because you don't agree with how it's run, just don't do business with them if you find it objectionable.

jimi_dylan

I see your point. Sorry that my post was unclear. I was responding to the poster who used the word "arrogance." The D.A.M. world can be confusing at first, but the forum is well organized and there are many decent individuals contribute to its healthy community. As for the availability of the MKII, here is a thread http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4290.

D.A.M. pedals are outstanding. The second hand and auction prices can be crazy, and an unfortunately irony is that the availability of these pedals has become quite limited due to the method of production that makes these pedals great in the first place. However, the prices at their London retailer are more reasonable and trades happen on the forum. Join the forum if you think a D.A.M. is for you and with some patience you'll have one soon enough.

Oh, and thanks, Scotty. I played offensive line in high school, so I was attempting to lay a block for the D.A.M. team. Good things like D.A.M. and the good people on the forum are things to be celebrated. All are welcome, and arrogance makes few appearances there.

I fully believe they are outstanding! One of these days I'll pick a couple pedals to sell, and get on the list for a nice fuzz. Although, sooner is probably better than later when it comes to really good builders.

D.A.M. pedals are outstanding. The second hand and auction prices can be crazy, and an unfortunately irony is that the availability of these pedals has become quite limited due to the method of production that makes these pedals great in the first place. However, the prices at their London retailer are more reasonable and trades happen on the forum. Join the forum if you think a D.A.M. is for you and with some patience you'll have one soon enough.

Radiosdead

David and Linzi are still the only members of the DAM build team and, I imagine, spend their time where it matters most...building pedals. Sickle, the site Admin on the DAM forums, has gone through a great deal of time and effort in having all information regarding all things DAM on the site. Not only is the information readily available, but the DAM forum community are also a great group and would likely chime in over there for people who have tried on their own, but still seem to not have found the info they are seeking. There is also an entire section regarding current production pedals, past production, complete descriptions, ordering info...literally everything you want to know.

I am certainly not speaking for or on behalf of DAM or their forums, but rather from being a guy who just very recently started looking into and playing DAM pedals. Loving every single one I've played. Absolutely brilliant devices and a very great community. Dave is also an active poster on those forums. Between Dave and Sickle all related info and news is frequently communicated and up to date.

I edited this post to keep it tasteful and positive...:). Great builder, great community, great forums..

Last edited:

Trending Topics