D*A*M pedals - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rust1975, Mar 10, 2008.

1. rust1975

rust1975 Member

Seriously, I can't seem to ever find them on Ebay (guess I'm not sure which keyword to look for) and can't seem to find a dealer in the U.S. Help me out here, guys. Point me to a website.

2. starfish

starfish Member

http://www.stompboxes.co.uk/

From 8/30/2007, D*A*M products are no longer available through dealers. They also stopped selling directly and closed the waiting list last year. However, rumor is the list and direct orders will be open again soon.

3. Kidcactus

Kidcactus Supporting Member

I've got a Drag'N'Fly for sale in the emporium

4. gang twanger

gang twanger Member

Is that true? That is a real bummer! Some of the best vintage clones ever made. It sounds to me like they're just trying to catch up.

5. starfish

starfish Member

6. rust1975

rust1975 Member

Thanks all. I was hoping for a D*A*M muff clone. I'm also looking at some ProAnalog stuff too. Thanks for the heads-up about price vs. what you get. I'm sure they're awesome, but yeah ... price matters.

7. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Member

Tommy's Guitar Shop is the only official US Dealer (www.tommysguitarshop.com). I managed to score a MKII from him when he got his first shipment of D*A*M pedals, but they went fast. Not sure when Dave is planning on sending him more stuff.

A better bet is to check the D*A*M forum daily. He sells stuff online though ebay, but they get snapped up in seconds if they are BIN auctions. He's also just begun doing limited waitlists.

8. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Sorry to report that as of last week, David Main has ceased having any dealers. I believe that decision is world-wide, not just the US.

As I understand it, all sales will now be via his ebay store, the DAM Forum and I understant that he will still be selling direct by, reluctantly, instituting wait lists.

9. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Member

I don't recall reading that he cut off Tommy's as a dealer, but maybe you're right. Last year he did announce that he wouldn't have anymore deals, but I know V&R in London was still receiving orders and Tommy's got at least one. David did confirm that both of these shops were being held onto as dealers. Perhaps that has changed.

Update: Enjoyer, you're right. I just saw the thread in the FAQ section of the D*A*M forum.

10. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Which one is a BYOC Large Beaver, and which one is a D*A*M Ram Head? You be the judge. Looks to me like the D*A*M is using a BYOC circuit board anyway... so really, it's a customized BYOC:

[​IMG]

11. sssmile

sssmile Member

he did that for a little while but not any longer

12. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

And prior to the BYOC boards, he was using GGG boards...
    The D*A*M pictured above is from 2007, the one I had with a GGG board was from early 2006. Then I had a perfboard model from late '06.

Don't get me wrong - same tones with less work = good for everyone. I was just letting rust1975 know that if he wanted a good muff clone, and since Dave Main uses(-ed) BYOC parts, maybe that's something he can look into for a very inexpensive alternative!

(and I preferred the Ram with the GGG board over the perfboard model!)

-Ben