• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

D*A*M Red Rooster Demo - Dimed DRRI Tube Heaven!!!

smogfalls

Yo hombres,
Right, well as promised here's a demo showing the far more aggressive side of the Red Rooster. I'm using my Gibson Les Paul Studio and I use my usual amp (Deluxe Reverb with a Cannabis Rex Speaker), but this time I'm running it through a home made "hot plate" attenuator to drive it into natural overdrive.
This demo breaks down like this...

RANDOM RIFFING & NOODLING...
1) Les Paul > Deluxe Reverb cranked using a home made attenuator. (yes, that is pure valve tone right there) - guitar's volume rolled back.
2) Les Paul > Deluxe Reverb cranked using attenuator but with guitar's volume up full.

THEN COMES THE RED ROOSTER!...
3) Les Paul > Deluxe Reverb cranked with attenuator + the Red Rooster in full treble boosting mode (range at 0 and boost dimed).

Then I play a bit of ZZ Top's "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" to end.
Here it is...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7421415

This is by far one of the most satisfying guitar tones to play with. It just blooms and the harmonics jump out at you. I love it!
Who knew that a Deluxe Reverb could sound so damn big!
Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Xan :)

BluesHarp

Big time!!! You have good control over subtle nuances. Dynamic.

O.. the pedal sounds great too. Id like to compare it to my Beano. ;-)

todd richman

Great tones-shows how a Paul and T Booster can do that classic rawk sqwak so well-you could join The Black Crowes circa 1992 with that tone!

In Tune

IM hungry for some Rooster now .........Why range at 0? Is that the volume??? Sounds D A M Good Sir. Be very Proud... :drink

smogfalls

thanks very much :) The range works differently to as expected... at 0 it's a full treble boost, and as you turn it up, the range expands until all the way to the right it becomes a full range boost, or more of a bass boost.

Trending Topics