D allen pickups

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gatorman352, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Gatorman352

Gatorman352 Member

Has anyone else tried these pickups? I bought a set for my Strat and was so impressed I bought a Humbucker set called "Dirty Cats" and they are the best sounding pickups I ever used. I have a set of D'Allen's P-51 Humbucker on the way. I sold all my EMG's, Duncans, Gibsons, & Dimarzios because I'm never going back. I think all those major brands make great pickups for the money but now I know that all pickups are not created equal. I'm now into pickups because unlike effects I use my pickups 100% of the time. I have a set of Lollar Imperials Low Winds on the way for my SG and was looking at the bare knuckles Mules. Is there any other brands I should look at?

2. benderman

benderman Member

Been looking at his Tele pickups the clips on his site sound killer!!

3. terrapin

terrapin Member

I have a set of Custom Shop Austin Blues in a Strat and love them. The neck pickup is perhaps my favorite all time Strat neck pickup. I EVEN prefer it to the neck pickup from my Fralin Vintage Hots!

David is a very kind man as well.

GREAT pickups!!!

4. Gatorman352

Gatorman352 Member

Why hasn't word got out more about his pickups? I have the Austin Blues in my Strat also and love the tone. I purchased my set of Austin Blues during the Holidays on special for 88.00. His prices are very reasonable. My Dirty Cats cost me $217.00 with Gold Covers delivered. I just bought some Lollar Imperials with Gold Covers for $370.00 delivered. I'll let you guys know which set I prefer by the weekend. What about the Bare Knuckles? Any news?

5. clapointe1

clapointe1 Member

What he said ! :agree

6. groovington

groovington Member

I will find out soon enough as I got an email from him today saying my '69 Voodoo's will be shipping in the next couple days.

And if you go over to the strat-talk forum, the boards have been lit up with kudos for David Allen for a long time now. I finally decided I should see what all the fuss is about! And as I keep hearing more good things, I'm tempted to order more pickups for my other guitars before the prices get raised!

7. Gatorman352

Gatorman352 Member

There is a guy on you tube named Gary Cook who has a video playing d allen alley cat humbuckers if you want to here some of his non strat type pickups.

8. cfox

cfox Member

have the voodooblues, jm 60s R&B, and hot vintage 54/59s, couldn't be happier with them all...