D’Addario XPND Pedalboards

sekt88

sekt88 is short for Single Ended KT 88
Platinum Supporting Member
Is there enough height underneath for attaching a power supply like strymon Zuma r300 or Ojai?

Frosted Glass

Is there enough height underneath for attaching a power supply like strymon Zuma r300 or Ojai?
They’re angled, not flat. Also the rear feet are adjustable, meaning you can raise the angle to get some extra clearance if you need if. It would fit a
newer thinner power supply but maybe not a PP2+. The problem is the underside also has the built-in Velcro on the rails, so you can’t really dual lock a power supply underneath. Curiously the Daddario website is deathly silent about how you are expected to mount a power supply underneath. There’re no brackets for sale. Maybe they just expect you to Velcro it, which is probably not the big deal it was 5 - 10 years ago. The PP3 is much lighter than last gen so it’s probably okay with just Velcro.

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member

To my knowledge Cioks is the skinniest power supply and it almost / barely fits. I put my Cioks 7 underneath there and raised the feet a little bit as they are adjustable and the Cioks 7 still touches the ground a little bit and it’s fine. The strymon power supplies are all thicker in my opinion and wouldn’t fit.

I live the Velcro underneath and it works like a charm. My Cioks 7 stays firmly attached.

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
I'm with this guy. Seems gimmicky. How have these things been selling?

I get where you’re coming from. To me, and I have no need to be defensive about this product - it fills a great spot on pedalboard product designs and is built incredibly well. I’ve been able to expand this pedalboard for different needs and gigs to my liking, what’s not to like about that? I love it.

Big'Uns

I just got the bigger one. I love it. Heavy duty construction. Pre-applied Velcro above and below. Plenty of room on the big one underneath for any power supply. Locking mechanisms for length adjustment. I can either expand or contract based on my changing attitudes about board size.

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
I agree. It is not give me a key. It is practical and very well executed. I love the idea and I use the expandability often.

sekt88

To my knowledge Cioks is the skinniest power supply and it almost / barely fits. I put my Cioks 7 underneath there and raised the feet a little bit as they are adjustable and the Cioks 7 still touches the ground a little bit and it’s fine. The strymon power supplies are all thicker in my opinion and wouldn’t fit.

I live the Velcro underneath and it works like a charm. My Cioks 7 stays firmly attached.
Thanks good that I also have a cioks

sekt88

Seems to work!

IMG_0192.JPG

sekt88

This thing is easy to modify without having to drill any holes. used 2 rubber feet on the lower side and very easy to put the Strymon r300 and a Ojai. still have another 15cm of extension. Fits in the Pedaltrain soft case as well.

IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG

Big'Uns

I’ll have to snap a few pics of mine this weekend too to give a look at the big one. Don’t judge! No expensive fancy pedals on my board. Just the relative basics. I’m also not an experienced pedal board builder but I think mine looks pretty clean as far as wiring. Still rocking an old Pedal Power, larger chassis than the new stuff. Still fits just fine underneath. I’m getting a Cioks in the next few weeks to get some more capacity and get a few more pedals on the board that I’ve been having to stash in my closet.

cjmask

If it's a nice, well built pedalboard, it could be a nice purchase. Seems sturdy and lightweight, which is nice.

The whole 'expandable' thing seems like a lame gimmick.

If I have a pedaltrain nano and have 5 pedals on it, then want to drop it to 3, I'd then just evenly place the 3 pedals on the board. Right? If I want to add more pedals, then I'd be forced to get a bigger board correct?(or choose different pedals of course)

The Dadarrio board doesn't magically EXPAND, it shrinks. There's still a maximum size you are stuck with that you will potentially outgrow.

We will ALWAYS find new toys to fill our boards (no matter how hard we think we won't). So we will always be forced to choose between a bigger board, or different pedals to fit the board we want.

dfreeland83

Silver Supporting Member
Long-time user checking in here. What is your consensus on the XPND boards a few months after you've had them?

I love the idea of it, but I'm getting ready to move, and honestly loathe the fact that I can buy a pair of pedal train boards with soft cases for the price of the two cases. That alone may be the thing that turns me off after enjoying them as bedroom boards for about six months.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom