Daisy Rock Guitars.....POS?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Last Nerve, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

Took my wife and kids into the local music store so I could check out a drum set on sale. Haven't picked that up yet.
    However, the wife took a liking to a purple Daisy Rock acoustic/electric they have hanging on the wall, priced at $240.00.
    I'm wondering if these are complete crap guitars, or would it be decent for her to fiddle with and learn a couple things on?
    I have no acoustic myself right now, but might pick up a Santa Fe or something WAY down the line.
    So, complete waste of time and money?

2. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

POS.

Buysomthing that tunes up, sounds good, and that you would be proud to play and then give it to your wife. You can always play it too.

3. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

I had the impression they were marketed toward little girls. I had been thinking of getting one for my 10 year old neice. But for an adult? No, not so cool.

4. 6789

6789 Member

some of the daisy rocks look pretty cool. haven't played one though. I think it would be cool if some hard rocking band had the nerve to use these guitars and act serious about it - not make a joke of it.

5. EddieEzzborne

EddieEzzborne Member

6. Brick

Brick Member

My 11 year old daughter did not like them at all...she asked why there needed to be a guitar for girls? and immediately turned away...Ended up getting her a Red Squier Tele (sometimes you do play the paint) and she loves it.

รท

7. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

A bit off topic, but I agree with your daughter Brick. I think it's patronizing to imply that girls need different guitars than guys. Gibson's doing that now with their "goddess" line of electrics now. Ridiculous.

8. v-verb

v-verb Member

My 5 year old loves her Daisy Rock butterfly guitar. I traded some pedals for it. Now if I can just stop her from playing left handed...

9. PaulM

PaulM Member

Agreed.

10. suttree

suttree Member

smaller bodies on the guitars, too. young girls/women generally have much shorter arms, and find dreadnaughts a big reach.

they're most definitely NOT pos guitars. they're made by schecter for daisy rock, and the quality is therefor of course as good as schecter. the little acoustic has butterfly stickers and suck, and a purple gig bag, and grover tuners, too.

i don't think its somehow patronizing to make girly guitars. no one is saying that girls have to buy them, but it's nice to have an alternative for those who's idea of cool is not a flying v with a nekkid chick painted on the back.

11. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

Little girls like different things than little boys. Just the same as you wouldn't want to get a little girl a "Bob The Builder" backpack, you get her "Dora The Explorer." It's just something to get kids playing guitars. If it's going to help a little girl have a more positive outlook on guitar- I don't think it's patronizing at all.

12. sysexguy

sysexguy Member

...and ya know that sometime very soon, a Simon Crowell wannabe is going to put together a guy band with skinny leather ties, the name 'London somethings", makeup, bad songs that stick in your head like gum on one's shoe:jo and .....girls guitars (or to be PC, guitars that marketing weasels attempt to push to ....parents of girls). Unlike their well rehearsed cockney accents, the guitar will be real....in photos anyway.

:)

Andy

13. Mcclassic

Mcclassic Member

A couple of months ago a helped a friend to pick-up a guitar for her 14 year old daugther, she wanted to start learning guitar. I knew there were the DR guitars in the store but being a beginer I showed first the cheapest one that were good for start, they found one nice DR on special (the white to purple burst) that I tried, the guitar definetly was not a POS, played very good, good tone, split coil and the neck was comfortably and the frets were properly smooth on the edges (something I was trying to check to be sure they will not damage the girl hands).

I told my friend, that the guitar was very good if she like it and one thing for sure, any of the other guitars weren't satisfying her, I told them her that if she was just learning at least she should have something that she like to keep her practicing and learning.

They left very happy and I was good impressed with the quality build of that particular guitar.

In other words if Prince is motivated by his cloud guitar why I girl can not be motivated by a girlie guitar?...hehe just kidding...

14. Pete Galati

Pete Galati Member

My Mojo Jojo guitar is made by Daisy Rock!

[​IMG]

It's actually a pretty good guitar considering that it only cost me $150. But I don't play it very often because it's rather intent on taking over Townsville.

15. The Golden Boy

The Golden Boy Member

Ohh... now I need an angry faced Buttercup guitar...

16. Doctor Shred

Doctor Shred Active Member

Yes.

They are more toys than real instruments.

17. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

If I ever get into death metal I have my pink Hello Kitty Strat.

18. Long Pig

Long Pig Member

I have 2 daisy rock guitars and they are both great!

Both of them are set necks and very well made... did I mention they both have voil tapping?

Starcdust elite and rock candy

19. deluxemeat

deluxemeat Member

they're not terrible for the price. there's definitely alot worse out there for more.
    some ladies want to play a pink sparkley thing and some ladies want to play an angus young sg.
    while i do agree that some of the thinking behind daisy rock is a bit presumptuous, there's def a place for it.

20. Pete Galati

Pete Galati Member

I'd love to see some pics of someone gigging with a Mojo Jojo guitar!

The pickups aren't that bad, but there's plenty of room for improvement. They're actually somewhat hot. If I ever change them, I'm sure I'll use some sort of PAF.

Cartoon Network seems to have run out of them by now, but they show up on Ebay.

Pete