Dallas Area Peeps-need the 411

MrTAteMyBalls

SO, I have a new record I'm starting with an old friend. I'm in Denver, and he is in Dallas. He is a drummer(a very good one), and I am doing everything else.

SO, we are sharing song files back and forth, and when the time comes I was thinking of booking a day at a local studio there in dallas for him to go cut his tracks.

I'm looking to spend no more than about 300 to 400 bucks for the day. If it costs less that would be great.

I know there are a lot of top level studios in dallas, but can't afford those. =). Anyone know of a really good project studio in the dallas or denton area with a decent treated room for a big drum sound??? Maybe an up and coming young engineer still making a name for themselves??? analog tape would be great, but I realize it will probably be digital....SO some good preamps, mics and analog gear would be great. Any suggestions welcome.

The other option is for him to come up here, where I can record for no cost at a nice studio my buddy works at. The only issue: there is really not one big tracking room, but several smaller iso rooms. The drums done there sound good, but maybe not as big and old school as i'd like. I'm looking for bohnam tones with 80's big hair HUGENESS. Although I would settle for good.

Anyways, any info on quality recording on the cheap in the big D let me know.

I'm not sure if they're still around, but Noisevault would probably work, and it's a nice facility. Owner is a drummer. ;)

MrTAteMyBalls

Hey scott i checked out musicdfw and got a couple of leads from there. Thanks so much! I'm not gonna join up since I live out of state, and wouldn't be able to contribute much. I e-mailed with tom M and he gave me his rates and info as well as info on a couple of other local studios closer to denton. great guy!

Thanks!

guitarcec

SO, I have a new record I'm starting with an old friend. I'm in Denver, and he is in Dallas. He is a drummer(a very good one), and I am doing everything else.

SO, we are sharing song files back and forth, and when the time comes I was thinking of booking a day at a local studio there in dallas for him to go cut his tracks.

I'm looking to spend no more than about 300 to 400 bucks for the day. If it costs less that would be great.

I know there are a lot of top level studios in dallas, but can't afford those. =). Anyone know of a really good project studio in the dallas or denton area with a decent treated room for a big drum sound??? Maybe an up and coming young engineer still making a name for themselves??? analog tape would be great, but I realize it will probably be digital....SO some good preamps, mics and analog gear would be great. Any suggestions welcome.

The other option is for him to come up here, where I can record for no cost at a nice studio my buddy works at. The only issue: there is really not one big tracking room, but several smaller iso rooms. The drums done there sound good, but maybe not as big and old school as i'd like. I'm looking for bohnam tones with 80's big hair HUGENESS. Although I would settle for good.

Anyways, any info on quality recording on the cheap in the big D let me know.

http://valvestudios.net/

you're welcome =)

Top Bottom