Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by JMC, Dec 29, 2014.

1. tcdrover

tcdrover Member

And cowboy fans do it the loudest & with the most kindergarten zeal. :messedup

If I was a betting man I'd bet the house on Caldwell's Lions sending Jerry's boys back to the ranch with tears in their eyes. :omg:Devil

:mob

2. twitch

twitch Member

Eagles fan here. I give Dallas credit. They and the Eagles were in the same position, and Dallas took care of business, the Eagles folded.

Bryant and Murray are top tier players, and Romo is a good, but not great QB. But their o-line is what makes it all happen. But they simply do not have the defense to win a championship IMO. I give them a lot of credit for how that unit played, and what they have gotten out of them, but it really is a sup-par unit.

Not sure if Detroit can exploit it. Their offense isn't great, but their defewnse is, so that should be an interesting match up.

The talk of Suh getting suspended is a joke IMO, and I really hope that does not happen. he does have a rep though, and I know that factors in.

Dallas would not be able to win in Seattle twice in one year, I don't think any team can. But before we talk about GB or Seattle, they have to get past the Lions first, which I think is not a gimme, like some in this thread are saying. I do think Dallas will win, but wouldn't be shocked if Detroit pulled it off.

3. JMC

JMC Member

He has a team mate that was suspended this week for the same offense, and Suh's only two missed games were a suspension for the same thing.

Watch the video. He clearly steps back a second time and lifts his other foot, to place his entire weight on Rogers. If he was suspended two games for doing it once. He should be suspended as long or longer for this 2nd offense.

4. JMC

JMC Member

Maybe you didn't hear me - the Cowboys tied for the best record in the NFL. Period.

5. RJLII

RJLII Member

I'm a lifelong Lions fan and am hoping for the best, but you have to give the 'Boys credit for playing mighty tough the last few games. I'm predicting the Lions will get crushed.

6. taco-man

taco-man Supporting Member

Will the Cowboys go on to play in Green Bay if they win vs. Lions? I think that's right...

7. sleewell

sleewell Member

another stellar post. the team with the best regular season record always wins the superbowl, right?

what is romo's playoff record btw??

8. karmadave

karmadave Member

The Cowboys looked very good down the stretch for sure this year. They will have to go through Green Bay and Seattle to get to the Super Bowl however. I know they already beat the Seahawks, in Seattle, so if they can pull this off again I would put them as a shoe in to win it all...

9. daveg777

daveg777 Member

Romo - 6th highest QB rating for a season in NFL history.
    Murray - lead NFL by a LONG shot in rushing.
    Bryant - Lead NFL in TD's by a wide receiver.
    Offensive Line - one of the top 3 best in the league.
    Dan Bailey - Money 87 percent of the time.

They may not win the Super Bowl, but Cowboy haters cannot logically defend their positions this year with stats. I know Romo has something to prove, however only a fool would doubt he is a top ten QB. Our defense will determine our playoff success, not Romo, he is there.

Dave

10. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Member

not bad for a 3 seed who has to play this weekend instead of resting their cleat-marked calf.

11. Guitarfool

Guitarfool Supporting Member

Romo has to take the 'next step' as a playoff QB, but if you have ANY knowledge of the game of football, you can see what Romo does on the field as a QB, he makes plays, extends tham in the pocket and can create something out of nothing and he turned the ball over alot less this year and throws a good ball

He is a LEGIT MVP candidate - you can dislike him or hate him all you want, the guy is a helluva QB, many teams in the league would like to have him at QB

The defense has been improving (not great) but playing better - Murray and Dez are all pro caliber players and Jason Witten is still a good Tight end who is Romos safety net

12. twitch

twitch Member

With regards to Murray, his production was down a good measure in the second half of the year. I think he is a bit worn. I would blame Jerry for this. In the second Eagles game, they gave the ball to him 30 plus times, and the last 8 or so, the yards didn't matter (and he didn't gain any). They were simply eating clock. Could have used any RB for that. he has taken some punishment that could have been avoided IMO.

13. twitch

twitch Member

I don't think it was the same offense. Was his team mate who was suspened pushed into/on someone, or did he stomp? If Suh was never pushed back towards Rodgers this isn't being discussed. if this wasn't Suh, this isn't being discussed. If it weren't Rodgers, and he was alrwady gimpy, this isn't discussed.

At some point, this is football, and stuff happens. Yeah Suh is a dirty player, but i do not think he is going to, or should get suspended for a playoff game for what happened. I would feel the same way if the Lions we playing my team (the Eagles).

14. Bankston

Bankston Supporting Member

That's really the key right there. Romo did a much better job of taking care of the ball this year. Only 9 Ints and 6 fumbles. The sacks were down this year, also, only 30, which is pretty good. He also put up 8.5 yards per attempt, which is his best since '06. He has to keep it up in the playoffs to prove wrong everyone who's Romophobic like me.

15. FlackBase

FlackBase Felonious Monkey Gold Supporting Member

Suh is suspended for the first playoff game, pending an appeal.

16. bsacamano

bsacamano Member

Cowboys fan here. I agree with all of this. A Cowboys fan and an Eagles fan agreeing on something. What is this world coming to?

17. JMC

JMC Member

18. leftty

leftty Member

Seahawks from then to now are a completely different team, I am not a fan of the Seahawks but I just don't see anyone beating them to the SB. Cowgirls had a good season but for all the money Romo is paid he sucks in the playoffs and it has showed in the past. If you want or anyone else wants to show stats or records you can not ignore the stat that Romo in almost 10 years has only played in 4 playoff games and is 1-3

19. bsacamano

bsacamano Member

How can you be willing to accept that the Seahawks aren't the same team they were earlier in the year but not even begin to think that Romo might not be the same player he was 5 years ago?

20. newking70

newking70 Supporting Member