Dallas Pawnshop has a Larrivee 03 model acoustic for $550

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by KCWM, Mar 8, 2008.

1. KCWM

KCWM Member

I can't afford to pick it up or I would, and I couldn't find a model number. They are selling it for $550. I assume that's a good price, considering most of the Larivee's I've seen new are above the $1000 dollar price.

It looks a pretty basic dreadnaught style guitar. It played nice but could probably use some new strings. My camera was dead, so I wasn't able to take pictures.

For those of you interested. It's a relatively recent guitar, as I was in there a month or so ago and it wasn't there.

The pawnshop is located on Alpha Street, which is off of Preston, near 635. Head north on Preston and then turn left onto Alpha. The pawnshop is down on the left, just past the Steak and Shake.

Just a heads-up for those interested in picking it up.

2. moo cow

moo cow Supporting Member

larry's are great acoustics. i've owned a few. the 03 series are their least expensive. $550 for a 03 is a good deal, but not a GREAT deal. if it's a 05, 09, or 10 series then somebody better get down there quick!!

3. KCWM

KCWM Member

I have no idea. I checked everywhere I could for some identifying model. The S/N was something like 40210 or 40201. Looking on their website, it does look like a 03 series. It had the standard chrome tuners.

It looked pretty bare bones, from an acoustic guitar standpoint. Had extremely small fret markers. Looked like a normal acoustic guitar. I did stop by a music store that's an authorized dealer and strummed on a $2998.99 model. Wow. That's all I can saw. Wow.

4. treeofpain

treeofpain Member

Sounds like an 03 model. Still not a terrible deal.

5. moo cow

moo cow Supporting Member

if it didn't have a pearl/abalone rosette inlay it is probably an 03 model. also, did it have a satin or gloss finish. 03's are satin and 05 and up are full gloss.

6. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

If it was a satin finish it was an 03. Gloss starts at 05.

7. KCWM

KCWM Member

I do not recall. I'd say satin, but I'm only about 60% sure.

I was there to buy a PRS SE Soapbar guitar they've had for a few months. I saw the Larivee, played it for about 30 seconds (pickless as well), and looked for the model. I didn't think to look for anything else.

I just figured since I read about Larrivees on here, I'd mention it on here in case someone was looking for a decent acoustic in the Dallas area. Come to think of it, I should have posted this in the acoustic guitar forum instead of guitars in general.

8. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

That's a great deal for someone.