Damage Control Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mahler, Dec 16, 2009.

1. mahler

mahler Member

Have two love em....no one I know has them though...any thoughts anyone?

I got there dirt boxes, and there Multi and Delay are really nice but way to expensive for my taste!

2. mahler

mahler Member

What are you using the SM for, metal, rock, maybe even heavy blues (for some crazy reason)?

3. peridot1

peridot1 Member

The Timeline and the Glass Nexus has been the backbone of my effects for a couple years. Doubt I'll switch.

4. mahler

mahler Member

Im using it for rock and hard rock And wow it has the most clarity out of any high gain pedal I've ever tried....use it for my santana style/ fluid leads and chords, switching to a fuzz for ultimate riffs and over the top solos, I'm obsessed with fuzz but haven't found a better flat out distortion than the SM. As for the blues, with the gain low and the boost unengaged, it does a real nice hendrix and even lighter blues (using level control and your guitars volume and tone knobs). For rock I generally use the boost because it just makes a clean combo into a brutal marshall!

5. vinni

vinni Member

After a long search for the right delaysound I finally found it.
    The Timeline is really the best delay I've eve played.

Vinni

6. mahler

mahler Member

I've often heard that....how is its analog emulation?

7. vinni

vinni Member

It is a warm sounding pedal. Also analog sounding.
    It's a little bit predictable in a good way. I hope you understand what I mean.
    Somewhat hard to explain.

Vinni

8. mahler

mahler Member

Well If i'm fairly impressed with a TC electronic analog emulating delay, i'm sure the DC would floor me!

9. xntrick

xntrick Member

i have the solid metal pedal and it cranks out some nice distortion..i have been curious about the demonizer as well but i'm not sure if the 2 overlap each other...

10. mahler

mahler Member

Demonizer is more of a preamp, and the circuit isn't as analogyy good as the SM IMO, its just the SM can be brutal but is always warm and clear which is why I love it!

11. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

I just recently bought a Glass Nexus.. wow, paired with the Timeline I have all the effects I could possibly need. One thing though, I still like the reverb from my RV-7 a bit better I think... :munch

The Modulation from the Glass Nexus is fantastic, I love it.

12. Steve73

Steve73 Member

x2 :agree

13. vinni

vinni Member

After owning a lot of TC equipment I have decided to never buy TC stuff again. Specs are always fantastic and during the honeymoon it sounds great but in the end there's always that Scandinavian coldness to the sound.

And suprise suprise.....the same thing with T-rex.
    Owned a lot of their pedals. This week I sold my last T-rex, the Roommate.

But....perhaps it's just me.

Vinni

14. peridot1

peridot1 Member

I'll admit I kick in the Cathedral sometimes for plate and reverse. RV7 is very nice but I bought it for the reverse which I think is one of it's weaker functions, but it's plate, hall and modulation is surprisingly good. I like weird music so I needed a reverse I can tweak up a bit.

15. mahler

mahler Member

For me nothing beats in amp spring reverb (as long as its well made)! Although an Alien Space O verb seems pretty amazing!

16. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

You are correct, I mean, if they have one of those type-4 acutronics spring reverb, I doubt you will get anything better in a pedal... unless you are not a spring reverb sorta guy (like me).

I like have the option of plate (RV-7), ambiance (DCGN), and real spring (from my amp), but in all honesty, the RV-7 gets most of the reverb love from me :).

I do like the practicality of having just one pedal to handle my modulation, delay and reverb for band practice, and the GN is perfect for that.

17. Mr. Limbic

Mr. Limbic Member

18. mahler

mahler Member

Damage Control Glass Nexus (Pedal)...a great multi fx

19. peridot1

peridot1 Member

What's cool about using them together (nexus, timeline) is you can get crazy. With good quality I might add. It gives you 2 delays, 2 pedals with modulation. Nexus has some lush sounding verbs but no plate or reverse. Throw in a RV7 or Cathedral and it gets nuts.

20. mahler

mahler Member

Well its certainly not the epitome of an awesome delay, but I use delay really only for dotted rhythms , and the TC made the most sense for me!