DAMN FENDER!

Dbl_D

Platinum Supporting Member
After all these effin years of trying to get a tone out of my 2004 Fender Strat HSS, I FINALLY figured it out...
THE DAMN NECK PICKUP IS OPEN!
I was wiring up the "STOCK" pickups, and thought to measure the DCR for the pups for reference. Mid was 5.89K, bridge HB was 16.87K, the damn neck PU is open.
NOT ONLY THAT, I have always suspected that the wiring was incorrect. Sure nuff was!
I'm beyond pissed! Talk about Gibson QC.

jturner

Unless I am misunderstanding, open pickup = no sound. How could you not notice this -- did you never use position 5? Or was the wiring incorrect and mixed in the middle pickup so you had some sound, but just no neck p/u? Even then, wouldn't 5,4,3 all sound the same?

regardless, glad its sorted out. How's it now? It must sound like a completely different instrument.

mschafft

planet-apes-1968-ending-you-blew-it.webp

budg

Silver Supporting Member
So it took 18 years to figure out a dead pickup? Would have been kind of obvious I would think.

On another note , I had a neck pickup fail on my Broadcaster after a year and Fender rewound and replaced the pickup free of charge. Talk about great service . Fenders warranty process is awesome . Great company to deal with.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom