DAMN I love making records

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by MichaelK, Oct 15, 2004.

1. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

2. Greggy

Greggy Member

Everyone should make a record. Given the political season, a record in every pot!:) After all, this is America for heaven's sake.

3. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

Me too!

I'm actually getting ready to put my own studio setup together. It will either consist of 16 channels of assorted pre's/Nuendo 3, or a Chandler TG console and a Radar...still working out the $

Either way, I'm gonna be making a bunch of records in my 30's...my own as well as others...God willing :).

4. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

I've been making the same record for years. I should really stop making it some day, but i keep reimagining it.

5. Bassomatic

No, he shouldn't!

:p

6. Greggy

Greggy Member

You are a tortured soul. That's a good thing.:D

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Member

Yeah, me too. Been makin em for almost 20 years now... drives me nuts sometimes, and hasn't made me wealthy, but i MUST love it.. cause i keep makin em! :)

8. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

I guess you'll reach a point where you say, "F*ck it, I can get this one out then make a different one." I can't wait to hear it when you do.

9. mitch

mitch Guest

I finally have a reason to justify all of my purchases!!! I am recording 2 bands at this time, one of them is probably one of the BEST bands I have heard in the last 10-15 years. The other is also a great band, but a totally different style, more of a funk/Jam type thing. I have been having such a GREAT TIME getting them on tape, and rewriting/structuring their material. Some of the stuff I am not touching, I think its perfect the way it is, some needs a little tweaking. But staying with the tone of this thread, I am having so much fun with this stuff, it is like I am finally doing what I was meant to do!!! Sorry about the rant...:dude

10. Bassomatic

That point is now. Briefly considered jettisoning 3+ years of material, but realize it's gotta be warts and all, catching up to the present, so to speak (my sound and style has changed a lot).

Thanks for the support, MK. Means a lot....

11. LSchefman

LSchefman Supporting Member

I have a love-hate relationship with making records.

It took me two years to produce Patrick Thomas' record. We laughed, we cried, we agreed, we disagreed, but we made a good record, and we won some awards and recognition.

The artistic process, and the ways in which we challenged each other to do better, was what I'd call "gratifying torture."

But we're both really proud of the work.

12. mitch

mitch Guest

I had an original band that went pretty far in the mid-late 80's, the writing/producing process was such a hot/cold thing. One day I would walk out feeling as if the planets were all aligned, and the sun would shine forever, the next day, after a 2 hour argument about a GUITAR SOUND!!! I would just want to walk away, and do an acoustic solo thing. We are going through that now, the guys have been very open, and I have been trying to remember the feeling of allowing another person in my world, to change my music, so I have been really easy on them for now, but I feel there are a few things that are going to really push some buttons, and I am getting ready for them...

13. LSchefman

LSchefman Supporting Member

>>I feel there are a few things that are going to really push some buttons, and I am getting ready for them...<<

Recording studios make people crazy.

Or crazier.

Avoid them, and stay sane. ;)

14. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

No problem C, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! :)