Damn You Stupid Deal of the Day!

Primus DuPont

I'm usually a 1 guitar kind of guy. For the last 6 years, that guitar has been King Bee tele. Fiesta red, Lollar pickups. It's me one and only. Yesterday out of weakness I take a peak at the MF SDOTD. It's a G&L Legacy Tribute, in Olympic White. Maple neck/fretboard. $350.

I'll probably use it as my alternate tuning/ slide guitar and channel my inner Ry Cooder.

Last edited:

Chris Scott

My engineer/bass player buddy's Peruvian, and he was just in Lima seeing his folks when he walked into a mega-store to buy some socks and walked out with an Indo ASAT Tele with an F-hole and a neck humbucker...he writes and produces tons of jingles here, and he grabbed it because he had to fix something on a mix and needed something to play. He paid over $600 for it, though it probably would've been just under $400 at GC or thru SW I reckon.

Even with the extra he got dinged with buying it there, it's a pretty damn good guitar, and after setting it up for him, the truth is that it's a set of pickups shy of being a keeper...it's light, quite resonant and the neck profile is alarmingly comfy.

Primus DuPont

Personally, I find those to be excellent guitars well worth the asking price. At the price you paid, it's a steal. Congrats, enjoy the new guitar!
Yeah I'm excited! I'd been wanting an S style guitar for a while, and I sold some gear for about $375 the previous day, so it seemed like it was destined to be. My only experience with G&L was an American-made ASAT I got to play, and it was a really lovely instrument.

Uncle Bob

walked out with an Indo ASAT Tele with an F-hole and a neck humbucker...he writes and produces tons of jingles here, and he grabbed it because he had to fix something on a mix and needed something to play. He paid over $600 for it, though it probably would've been just under $400 at GC or thru SW I reckon.
Actually he paid about list- $599 for a burst, $699 for orange or clear.

I've had one for a while. The semi-hollows don't really show up as SDOTD. The models listed for SDOTD are typically without MFD pickups too.

Laurence

Silver Supporting Member
I've not owned one, but friends have. I have my fair share of older 3 bolt G&L's that suit me just fine. The Tributes are good guitars, fit and finish is very good, neck woods seem to be good quality and hardware/PUs are (or were) advertised as same as US models.

The only thing negative I've noticed is the frets seem soft, and appear to show wear pretty quickly compared to US models.

guitararmy

I have been SO tempted to grab one of the ASAT Tributes every time they are a SDOTD, because the colors would make a great collection.

Chris Scott

Actually he paid about list- $599 for a burst, $699 for orange or clear.

I've had one for a while. The semi-hollows don't really show up as SDOTD. The models listed for SDOTD are typically without MFD pickups too.

This one's orange, which is a cool color imo.

I figured an Indonesian guitar would be less expensive than say a Mex Tele, but I guess I was wrong. Nice guitar, but I never really liked the bridge pickups even on the originals, and the neck 'bucker's just too muddy unless it's all the way up (and even then is a bit of a dog), even with the .001 volume cap. The rest of the guitar's pretty neat though.

Pablomago

I have one of the ASAT Tribute carvetops with humbuckers. It's a great guitar. I got a great deal on it. I'd like to find the one with P-90's. Those came and went when I wasn't looking.

Trending Topics