Damn You Stupid Deal of the Day!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Primus DuPont, May 12, 2019.

1. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

I’ve signed up for deal of the day many times.. never get their emails... probably just as well.. :cool::confused::)

2. bigben55

bigben55 Member

My #1 is a 1994 USA Legacy, but my #2 is a 2011 Tribute ASAT Classic. Ive owned like 5 tributes. I find the fit, finish and wood to be so good for the money that these guitars are the OWRFECT ones to upgrade. You dont NEED to, as the pickups and hardware are good. I've upgraded the crap out of my #2, and its perfect!

But I can confirm the soft fretwire thing, and it sucks. It is softer, and it does wear much faster. Example....I just refretted both of those guitars one after another, with stainless frets. They were equally worn. One a 1994 USA I've owned 20 years and played the hell out of, and the other a 2011 Indo Tribute.

Laurence and Primus DuPont like this.
  3. Jugghaid

Jugghaid Member

I have owned and played several tributes. Great guitars for the money. Even more so at those prices.

4. Vanilla Latte

Vanilla Latte Member

I had my finger paused over the buy button when I saw that deal, cause I really could use a guitar with single coils in it. I'm glad someone up here pulled the trigger.

Let us know how you like it when it comes in.

5. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

Take that discussion off tgp

Posts deleted

6. Benderp

Benderp Supporting Member

I just got a Tribute ASAT last week and the neck isnt skinny at all

derekd likes this.
  7. derekd

derekd Member

Interesting.

I've played many of them thru the years and have always had that Fender modern C sort of profile.

Congrats. I hope you enjoy yours.

Benderp likes this.
  8. neastguy

neastguy Member

I think these are hit or miss.. I've played a few.. but like any other guitar (besides hamer) you really should play them first.. :) luckily you can return it

9. Benderp

Benderp Supporting Member

TY sir. I am kind of a metal head but I enjoy playing it clean with just some compression, love the tones. She has those big soapbar looking MFD pickups.

derekd likes this.
  10. Primus DuPont

Primus DuPont Member

Update: guitar is here. I've played it for about 40 minutes and given it a check over. I am very satisfied with the purchase, as the guitar both sounds and plays very well. Here is the nit-picky stuff I have noticed so far that others may want to know. The neck finish was listed as "gloss", but I am fairly certain if the neck has no finish on it at all. The fret marker "inlays" are actually painted on, it isn't noticeable unless you look at the guitar up close. My final observation, and least favorite, is that the frets have a grittyness to them when you bend the strings, you can feel the friction the first few times you bend on those frets, and then it seems to smoothen out -which to me seems to confirm that the frets wear down quickly.

I may use some very fine sandpaper or something just to get rid of that grittyness. Other than that the guitar sounds good. I think the pickups might be on the hotter side for strat single coils. I've been palying mostly in the neck position and getting some good sounds.