damn you, The Gainster!!! (lovepedal karl)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rorschah, Nov 22, 2005.

1. rorschah

rorschah Member

And Splatt, too.

******* enablers.

Anyway, so I was flipping through The Gainster's Clip Stash last night and downloading random stuff and remembering Splatt's recc of a Lovepedal Karl and so I grabbed those clips and ******* it if my mouth and hanging open and I'm going, "oh wow, oh holy god, oh wow."

Two minutes later, I'm at the lovepedal site and they have Karl's on sale for $150.

30 seconds later, I'm on ebay, running a search on recent Karl sale prices. Last one went for $170.

40 seconds later, I'm filling out forms at Paypal.

I really can't afford this.

Anyway, it's on its way. Jesus.

Now I just need an OD as good to match.

And then I'm done.

Really.

Really.

-thi

2. rorschah

rorschah Member

Oh, and The Gainster?

You get a very special award.

On one of the clips - I think it's a clip for Gainster, or maybe Karl, you explain what the pedal is, and then let out the juiciest, fattest, moistest burp ever recorded.

I was listening on really nice headphones (Grado's! The bargain audiophile headphone that some folks, like me, dig more than a Sennheiser three times the price) late at night, quiet in L.A. for once, with the volume turned up, all ready to soak in some sounds, and then that burp comes over the line, in all its audiotastic glory.

Jesus, I f**kin smelt it.

Congratulations, man. You should be proud. I wish I had burp like that on tap, to fight my girlfriend's acid ass syndrome. (her previous boyfriend, a marine, declared her farts to be worse than tear gas. I don't think he was kidding.)

I'm going to extract that burp and put it on as the startup noise for all the computers in my department.

I can do that, you know. They gave me a key.

-thi

3. cuz/karl

cuz/karl Supporting Member

Eternity;)

4. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

I'm not real sure how to resopnd to that??? :moon

[​IMG]

Sometimes I drink....shhhhhhhh!!

5. rorschah

rorschah Member

Just be proud. Be very proud.

Oh, and your Clipstash is the best resource ever for this kind of thing, and almost as bad on my wallet as living three blocks from Amoeba Music, Hollywood, a.k.a. Mecca.

-thi

6. rorschah

rorschah Member

I've been debating between Eternity, COT 50, and Twin 60. Not that I can afford it. BUt i've been debating.

I love the COT 50 clips the most for sheer joyous sound.

Eternity seems most flexible for high gain stuff.

The interaction of the Twin and Karl is really ******* impressive. Also I really really flex the double channel FDII, and the Twin seems like an FDII pointed towards my taste?

How does Karl interact with COT 50 and the Eternity?

-thi

7. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

IMHO: I would start with the 50..then the..T60..then..Eternity.

The 50 will build your tone and the T60 will build it morer and the Eternity more morer.

Can ya dig it?

One thing to remember.......

8. aquadog

aquadog Member

hehe. If you're that close, you should take advantage of the 75% return policy. Grab all the cd's you can afford, take them home, burn em on to your computer, and return them within two weeks for a 75% store credit refund, no questions asked (as long as they're still in good condition). Within 3 trips and $65, I burnt 15 cd's and returned them, and bought and kept BB's live at the cook county jail and the dvd of Concert for George.:)

9. cuz/karl

Hey Scooter,were's your Afro headed ,fuzz50 wearin' soul brotha been hiddin' out?

10. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

i love my white three knob karl! thanks sean!
    aldo...

11. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

OK guy's, I'm thinking about buying either the Karl or a BBB.

1. I'm curious about what the bias control does in the Karl, can you explain? Please? I guess it brings more/less of ring mod???

2. How well do you think it reacts to guitar volume control changes? (for instance my Fuzz Factory SUCKS at this)

3. Sean told me it's pretty brutal, but can you get a fairly lower gain fuzz out of it?

rorschah, one word......... Eternity!

Best OD made...

THE END.

12. cuz/karl

The kARL doesn't clean up as well as the BBB .
    The bias can get you from strieght fuzz to more swell(ring modish)stuff to broken amp sounds.The key to the bias knob is hit a note then turn the bias knob till you getthe loudest sound.Thats the strieght fuzz .Just right or left of that for the swell stuff.Further Ror L for the crazy stuff.
    i can get some clapton cream stuff out off it too.Lwr fuzz setting ,higher output setting ,center bias.
    The BBB is the more strieght foward of the 2.
    Fuzzface to rangemaster & even tonebender tones.Killer fuzz.
    Bottom line you need both,I can't get by with out either.
    And they both stack beautifuly& work well alone.