• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dan Auerbach: Live @ The Paradise 3.1.09

teleking36

I got a chance to see Dan Auerbach (Black Keys) Sunday night at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston. Opening bands included Those Darlins (Murfreesboro, TN) and Hacienda (San Antonio, TX). Hacienda also served as the backing band for Dan.

This was one of the best shows I've been to, and probably the best show I've seen at the Paradise. In case you didn't know, Dan just released a solo album a few weeks back, titled Keep It Hid. There are some shades of the Black Keys sound in the album, but has a different feel and some really great softer tunes throughout. Dan really put on a great show; tons of energy, great, GREAT tone and gear, and he's got such a cool voice! He had Patrick Hallahan (My Morning Jacket) sitting in for additional percussion work, which was a pleasant yet unexpected surprise.

I just wanted to post a few pictures from the show. I was basically front row, but had a guy standing to my right that was stoned out of his mind, rocking back and forth like a lunatic; he made it very difficult to get good pictures. Enjoy!!

teleking36

A few more pics!

P.S. The gear was great! Dante (Hacienda guitarist) used what looked to be a 60s RI Olympic White tele and a VOS '56 LP Reissue (used a Rosewood Tele for his opening act), all through a Blackface Tremolux into a big Fender 2x12 cab. Dan used his Harmony Stratotone (modified with P90s and a Bigsby) and a beautiful sounding Harmony H78 through his pedalboard, a Fulltone TTE, and two custom tweed amps. Pedalboard pic included...

brdstl

Man, I hope he'll eventually do a tour down South after the summer. I love his album. Hacienda and Those Darlins are beyond awesome too.

teleking36

I totally forgot that I posted this thread! I didn't think anyone really knew about Dan's solo album, but it's truly one of the best of the year so far. This performance was fantastic. Dan is a true talent; great songwriter and guitarist.

jmjohnson40

Those bassmans are Miller Amp Design in Cleveland.

"They are more like 100W super leads with a fender style tone section. They are loud as **** and really fun to play through." Jamie from Earth Quaker Devices

TaronKeim

"They are more like 100W super leads with a fender style tone section. They are loud as **** and really fun to play through." Jamie from Earth Quaker Devices
In an interview Dan said the Miller amps have a Deluxe style tone stack/layout on them as well.

_TJK*

Trending Topics