• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Dance Hall Crashers - wow, I really missed the boat.

crambone

ska haters, don't bother posting!

I "discovered" these guys last night via Spotify and man oh man I wish I had known about these guys when the Third Wave was big in the late 90's. I would definitely put them up with Save Ferris for female-led band. Their harmonies are what really seals the deal for me. Sure, No Doubt had a similar sound but due to only one singer they couldn't pull it off live like on their record.

It's probably a long shot here but did anyone get a chance to see them live?

Steve1216

Many times. We toured with them on Warped tour back then. I didn’t really like that kind of music. But they pulled it off, well. The vocals always sounded just like they did on record. I remember talking to the guitar player quite a bit. He cited the police as his favorite band.

teefus

if you were going to recommend a disc to download from iTunes. which one would it be? thx!

crambone

if you were going to recommend a disc to download from iTunes. which one would it be? thx!
So far, their Live album is the one I enjoy the most. Tons of songs on it plus their live versions are really faithful to the recordings (something I personally enjoy out of a band). That's what I would choose.

crambone

Many times. We toured with them on Warped tour back then. I didn’t really like that kind of music. But they pulled it off, well. The vocals always sounded just like they did on record. I remember talking to the guitar player quite a bit. He cited the police as his favorite band.
That's really awesome.

Trending Topics