1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Danelectro Cool Cat Drive and Distortion

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by traynor_garnet, Feb 15, 2009.

1. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

Has anyone had a chance to compare these two? Are they different enough to warrant buying both? How would you describe each pedal's sound?

BTW, please do not turn this into thread about the TOD and Fuzz, there are tons of threads on those already.

TG

2. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

They're very different pedals. It's worth buying both if you need a really nice overdrive and a nice distortion pedal. . I probably have 30 other ods/distortions so I didn't need either, but they're fantastic pedals... The Distortion is definitely 'distortion meets fuzzy distortion' and the Drive is definitely "Overdrive meets distortion" ... They're different and every single pedal reacts with every single amp differently . enjoy

Eric

3. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

Thanks Eric, I've actually purchased the drive on ebay but if I buy the distortion too I get a break on shipping. I am interested in hearing both so maybe I will go ahead and pull the trigger. I just wanted to make sure the where different enough to justify shelling out the cash.

TG

4. Claudio74

Claudio74 Member

Rotren, a member here and a great guitarist who makes nice video reviews, just bought the distortion and he said it's great.
    I'm waiting for his video :bong

5. Wesman61

Wesman61 Member

I have both. To me the Drive sounds a little more modern and the Distortion sounds old school. Both sound great at either low or higher gain settings. Both also sound good with singles and hums.

6. traynor_garnet

traynor_garnet Member

You guys are killing me here! :) I just bought the distortion too!

Now, has anyone tried the Metal and Metal II?

TG

7. Claudio74

Claudio74 Member

8. odd

odd Member

Anyone know of a clip comparing these two? Preferably not youtube - I can't get over the ****** resolution.