Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe mods

joelfisk3786

So, I bought myself a Danelectro Cool Cat vibe pedal a few months back, and it's been kicking around, but never made it to my gigging pedalboard...

Finally used it last night, and it sounds great when it finally works.

The problem, as I've been reading in other threads, is that there is a noticable volume boost when you kick the pedal on, and it takes about 2 seconds to fire up the effect itself.

Obviously at £30, this pedal was a steal, so just wondered if there are any mods that any of you would be willing to share, so I can get this working properly. The effect itself sounds great, and I'm not keen on spending £200+ on a pedal I will only use once or twice per gig...

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joel
www.hokiejoint.co.uk

WhoJamFan

Leaving it on and running it through a loop works great for instant on/off switching, just wish the blend was better and you could control the volume.

mattyj

You can install a trim pot between the footswitch and the PCB to have control over the volume.

A member here called KevinHiFi PM'd me instructions for that mod, and I managed to get it working. Here's his TGP profile.

If you want, I can forward them on to you.

shaybleakney

hi purchased one of the cool cat vibes after first owning a micro vibe which not fussed on so bought a shaky jimi was rubbish live . good in the bedroom .i got the cool cat vibe on Friday past but it had the volume boost and the delay but also was faulty fading in and out of signal.so sent back for refund and ordered a new one elsewhere boy i.m glad i did .new one arrived today its a newer version that has a trim pot inside the battery compartment hey hey great job still has a slight delay but not the big boost when switch is engaged .really happy this vibe sounds amazing live for the money this eats my old micro vibe for lunch .

James

shaybleakney

forgot to say the trim pot is for the output volume although i never touched it at least it will mean you do not have to mod this problem anymore.

Trending Topics