Danelectros around Atlanta area?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by cap10kirk, Apr 27, 2016.

1. cap10kirk

cap10kirk Member

I've been gassing for a Danelectro for a little while now. I really like the look of the 67 Dano, but my local go-to shops don't carry Danelectros, and I'm trying to avoid going to GC if possible. So, anyone know of any shops around Atlanta that carry them? I've gotta try some out to see if I like the feel of it enough to buy.

2. dgallina

dgallina Member

They sometimes pop-up used at GC, though I've seen them at Atlanta Discount Music too. GC is the only one that seems to carry them new, and only the current model RIGHT get when they release at that. Danelectro usually only makes a few models in a given year. When those are gone they're gone. Based on that I'd suggest buying what you want when you can get it from the online vendors. They usually aren't big investments.

Fwiw I've had a dead-on-67 (hornet) reissue and currently have a 63 reissue. The first was fun, but didn't really have the same cheap 'n hollow dano vibe as the 63 does. Both had decent fretwork and etc for the money, though you certainly wont mistake them for a well built mid or high range guitar.