Dano 64S - Danelectro’s $1200 premium guitar.

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Supporting Member
Good for them. While that guitar does nothing for me (I hate strats), I’d be game for improved versions of their other guitars. I had a Jerry Jones at one time and always wished Danelectro took more interest in making premium, higher end guitars.

Yamaha 350

Yes but when you take a budget brand that is known for being one. Then you make a expensive model. Can they make the transition and still keep the core player happy? It will be interesting to watch.

romiso

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not interested in their take on a Strat, but I'd love to see higher-quality versions of their own models. I've never had the opportunity to try out a Jerry Jones but I'd be interested in a baritone or a 12-string.

edwarddavis

Silver Supporting Member
When you make cheap guitars and are known for cheap guitars
Why would I want to buy a more expensive cheap guitar
Never owned a dano
This one hasn’t changed my mind
It’s not like prs made a affordable se models . They had a rep for great guitars

Hard to jack up the prices on guitars known as cheap
Would you buy a $1000 jay turser, samick, even Reverends are cheap and well more worth it

Jayyj

Supporting Member
I think Danelectro have the goodwill to support a bigger end model but I'm not sure whew they're going with this one. I'm a fan, but really I'd rather see more accurate reissues of classic Danelectros than something with Strat pickups.

Then again, as a fan with $1000 to spend, there's a ton of vintage ones out there.

Mpcoluv

Supporting Member
I can’t see how that shape would make a “better” strat.
The 90s Danos were good for what the were.
I would like a 90s U3. Those make great raunchy slide guitars.

TattooedCarrot

Supporting Member
Seems like they're marketing nostalgia but trying not to make such a POS in doing so. I guess if you like the Dano nostalgia but wanted something more quality by today's standards this would be appealing. But it seems like a pretty small target audience. A lot of indy bands seem to like these cheap old vintage guitars so maybe they're the market.

Crazyquilt

Guitar Dad
Silver Supporting Member
Want a nicer Dano? Buy a JJ. Want another Strat copy? Buy a....Dano?

Trending Topics