Dano Chicken Salad Vibe Rehouse?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bxlxaxkxe, May 18, 2011.

1. bxlxaxkxe

bxlxaxkxe Supporting Member

I'd just like to say this is easily the best $25 I've spend on guitar gear. This pedal is great, and not just for the money. It's just what I was looking for in a vibe. I figured I'd get one until I'm ready for one of the big boys but after playing it tonight I don't see the point in shelling out $250+ for something when I'm more than happy with the sound of this one.

I would like to get it in a more sturdy enclosure and possibly true bypass it. That's all I'm looking for. Anyone know of someone who does this?

2. jw112

jw112 Member

3. teleguido

teleguido Member

I absolutely LOVE my Chicken Salad! As far as the actually sound quality of the effect, I seriously don't think you can do much better without spending over $200. There's only 2 problems:

1. The absolutely terrible buffer circuitry that mucks with your guitar signal.
    2. The incredibly flimsy housing, PCB-mounted jacks and pots that make me nervous every time I step on it.

I'm a DIY-er at heart, so I keep thinking that someday I'm going to rehouse my Chicken Salad myself. But every time I get the itch to do it and go looking online for some detailed instructions, I abandon the project due the fact that I can't find good documentation.

What are Daniel Zink and T1M charging to rehouse and true-bypass a Chicken Salad?

4. geodr

geodr Member

Another +1 for Dan Zink and his Chicken Vibe rehouse of the Chicken Salad!

5. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

I put one in my Dunlop Octavio (and a sunface) and I like it. We got some Danos in recently for projects, it's not trivial to use the board correctly but it's possible and sounds great for the price.

6. bxlxaxkxe

bxlxaxkxe Supporting Member

So what are the going rates for these rehouses by Zink or Dan @ this1smyne? Mike, do you do rehouses for these pedals, I know you all are always busy?

7. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

8. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Been reading about mods to this. Wondering if similar mods to the photo cell can benefit the Cool Cat Vibe?