Dano cool cat trem vs other boutique trem pedals

southpaw pete

I haven't tried the Dano one yet, but I do like their little tuna melt trem.

If you are looking for a good sounding, inexpensive trem, I recently tried out the Visual Sound Garage Tone trem in a store and was very impressed with the flavor of the trem. Nice and organic IMO, although it can't do a hard chop.

DRS

I think the Cool Cat sounds like a bias tremolo from an amp. It compares to tremolos costing 4 times as much or more. The only neg is the knobs on the end of the housing makes it difficult to adjust at a gig. It could also be smaller. I really like mine. I also have a Tuna Melt. Sounds the same but the knobs and enclosure on the Tuna are so cheap I couldn't see it lasting at a gig.

charmonder

I read the tuna melt has no depth control when it's in square("hard") mode. did they fix this issue on the cool cat?

Snare227

The Cool Cat trem is my favorite from that line. If I didn't use a Fulltone Supa Trem the Cool Cat Trem would be back on my board. The Tuna Melt isn't bad either for super cheap, but for just a couple more bucks the Cool Cat is the better deal because it's a little more robust.

ChipOnly

Silver Supporting Member
It's great. Can hang with pedals costing several multiples of it's price IMO. Only downside is the enclosure.

jota

Had one and sold it cause I was using the Nova System.
Now I have a Flint but I don't think the trem is any better. Just has other options.
I liked the cool cat better than the TR-2.

corbs

Silver Supporting Member
The cool cat trem is a wonderful sounding pedal.

Warm trem or hard chop. Just buy it.

rotren

It sounds great, no doubt. I just don't like the form factor. Sounds wise - top notch.

Trending Topics