Dano fest!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by richey88, Sep 28, 2008.

1. richey88

richey88 Member

2. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Love that PB&J - Its so funny, I have played tons of delays and nothing beats the sound of the decayed repeats on the Dano...

edit: that fuzz sounds killer!

3. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Clip sounds really cool man. I'm loving my Dano pedals too - got the Cool Cat Chorus and Trem - both sound great. Also have the Fab OD (soon to be replaced by Cool Cat Distortion), Fab Flange and a modified Fab Echo just for slapback rockabilly stuff which has been changed to achieve 100% wet mix - this gives me acces to a louder slap effect - oh and a bit more noise too. I've also got a Fab Chorus I'm gonna mod to sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhX7w_3sBqM
    The only Dano pedal I've never been astounded with is the Corned Beef Reverb - which is a little bit too digital/robotic sounding for me. Still use it on occasion with my lounge room amp though. Gotta love great FX at these types of prices.

4. Uma Floresta

Uma Floresta Senior Member

That sounds great!

I have a Dan-Echo, Reel Echo and Spring King. I love all of them.

5. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

The PB&J is a great one.

6. TerrorTwilight

TerrorTwilight Member

It might be dangerous to admit this, but I like my Dano FAB metal. It sucks at high-gain settings, but it gets this really cool crunch when I turn the gain all the way down, tone at noon, and volume to taste. Not something I would gig, at least not without a TB looper, but nonetheless a cool texture.

The FAB chorus is my go-to chorus, though. I love that thing.

7. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Yeah I run my Fab OD like that - set tone to noon, gain down to zero and volume on close to two thirds. It's got a lot of volume boost on tap so it gives the amp a huge kick. It's great to send an already dirty amp into JCM 800/900 high gain territory. I don't think the bypass buffer is that bad though - in fact I think it's superior to Boss bypass circuits.

8. TerrorTwilight

TerrorTwilight Member

It's not so much the buffer as the switch. I feel like I'm gonna break it every time I step on it, and I'm not that rough with it. It's not really worth it to me to try and re-house it, so I figure I'll get a sturdy looper, leave the dano on, and just switch it in and out as I need.

Other than some minor complaints, the FAB pedals are worth it. I got the four-pack (Metal dist., Chorus, Flange, and Echo) and it was really worth the $45 bucks :RoCkIn

9. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Oh right - yeah the switches don't appear that sturdy but actually they seem to hold up okay over time. I've taken a few of these Fab pedals apart for modding and the physical switching system is made of pretty tough plastic and the pressure looks well dispersed across the length of the mechanism - the system also fits very tightly into the pivot points. But yeah, I wouldn't be jumping on them with Nazi boots though, so maybe a TB box is a good idea.

10. richey88

richey88 Member

I wish I still had my fab OD, that was a good sounding pedal. Thanks for the comments everyone......it was a rainy afternoon. I should have thrown a little Chicken Salad on there too, it was at the rehearsal room....also not a bad sounding vibe.

11. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Great thing is you can always pick up another for almost nothing - as you probably know. I think it's a cool pedal for heavy rock and classic metal sounds if used on top of an already overdriven amp tone.