Danocaster customer service-The Best

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by stratus, Feb 23, 2012.

1. stratus

stratus Supporting Member

I recently bought a Dano Whitegaurd from a fellow TGP'er as I been wanting one and told myself I'd pull the trigger (I'll take it") when one becomes available. This particular one became available and I figured I'd better get it before someone else does and did just that. Two weeks prior I landed a LPB rosewood board 60's Freakin' strat and love it. It was all it was cranked up to be and then some. Real nice strat. This Whitegaurd is a Ash/maple chunky C with 6105's weighing in @,I believe, 6.8lbs. The pup's were a Fender Twisted in the neck and broadcaster in the bridge. When the tele arrived I was a bit disapointed, as it was not what I expected. It didn't play well and sounded thin to my ears. I put it all on myself for not asking questions. BTW, I'm a diehard strat guy, and this could have been why I also didn't bond with it. I just figured I'd give it a shot because it was a Dano, right. Who knows? If something is not working for me and I can't gig it, there's no sense keeping it. So I decided to sell and put it back up in the emporium and see if I could recoup my loot and give it up to one of you tele guy's. As you can imagine, alot of interest and pm's and responses to my post. But nobody was pulling the trigger. Dan chimed in and said these were not the original pups and it would be good for an update thru him to the new buyer. Great deal as far as I'm concerned. After about a couple of weeks, still no bites. So ya know what, I emailed Dan about the guitar and he said to send it to him to check out. This tele was an 08', and he went through the whole thing with a new set of Voodoo pup's, a complete setup, took down some of the gloss on the back of the neck, polished the frets, aged some parts and even filed down the bridge adjustment screws so they wouldn't dig into my hand, and whatever other magic he did to it. Just as he said in the post, a complete update to his 2012 standards at " His Own Cost"! My end, just take care of the shipping! You just don't see this kind of customer service, as I've never been treated like this. And btw, a great guy to boot. Stands by his craftmanship 100%. Well, got the tele and what a difference. Plays like a dream, great setup and sounds wonderful, especially acoustically. I'll be gigging it tomorrow night thru my Tungsten Crema for the first time. Being a strat guy, I'm a little nervous, and want it to work. So I'll bring no backup strat as a crutch, and get to it. Living on the edge a bit. LOL. Big thanks again to Dan for being a gentleman and helping me out. So far....lovin' this tele, being a strat guy, that is. ;)
    [​IMG]

2. supersonic1414

supersonic1414 Silver Supporting Member

Great story. Dan is as good as they get and nothing you said surprises me.....and that says something

3. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

An awesome story... I hope karma comes around and Dan enjoys a LOT of success as a result of his good treatment of customers! :aok

4. guitarnut

guitarnut Member

that is going way beyond the call ... its actually better service than many would give a direct customer. amazing.

enjoy your tele!

5. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Good on Dan and sweet for you!

As you get more used to using the tone & volume controls on it you may find it more satisfying than a Strat.

On mine the tone control works like no other guitar I've ever had.

6. goldtone

goldtone Member

Can't ask for more than that. Wish there were more people/companies like him.

7. jabba

jabba Member

WoW. That is an amazing story. Just out of curiousity.....do you know what Voodoo set he put in your tele?

8. Tweedledee

Tweedledee Member

Dan is one of the greatest guys I've ever dealt with when it comes to guitars. The story doesn't surprise me at all, but it does make me smile. :) It's good to know there are some really good people out there.

9. MSS

MSS Member

That does sound like great service........wish I could own one of those Danocasters!

10. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

excellent... I have nothing but the best to say about Dan based on my experience, too.

11. stratus

Thanks Jabba. I believe they are a TE-50 neck and TE-60 staggerred bridge. Tonights gig night. Turn it up, let's go!

12. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

Dan is the man, I love my telecaster

[​IMG]

13. KeithC

KeithC Silver Supporting Member

Great story. Great customer service. Great to hear for someone that's about to be a Danocaster owner soon I hope!

Thanks for sharing good news.

14. stratus

Just a little addendum to my story. After all the work he did on my Tele, he tells me that when I get it, and it's still not working for me for any reason and decide to sell it, he's comfortable with the fact that it's "100% Freakin' Danocaster", with no worries! Very cool. BTW Dan, I gigged it Friday nite with no strat backup! I think I'll be keeping it for awhile :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  15. Madguitrst

Madguitrst Member

third stone from the sun, one step from the edge
    That is great customer service!

Congrats on the new guitar.....give it some time, you'll love it.
    This is coming from someone who at one time could not imagine a guitar without a locking trem.

16. TREV FLINT

TREV FLINT Member

Dan is a beauty with 1st rate customer service.

17. fatb0y

fatb0y Supporting Member

Awesome customer service indeed!