Danocaster Not Retiring?!!

frijoleghost

Supporting Member
Sorry but are his guitars that fantastic that theres such a demand at any price

i never played one or even seen one
Just seems strange that his problem is to many want his guitars at any price so he should price them higher and make less
i think there was a time that he saw open road and stepped on the gas, but eventually saw he was headed for a cliff and had to suddenly stand on the brakes...dude had 400 drooling guitar maniacs in his queue (i jest slightly) and couldn't really deal with that...perfectly understandable to me (one of those drooling maniacs in the queue)

King Loudness

I think that however Dan can continue to be inspired as a guitar maker is the best route for his long-term health and happiness. I have two of his guitars, a Tele and a Strat. They're fantastic instruments and I'm proud to own and play them with pride.

W.

ChrisP

Even if he did retire too Jack up the prices, who cares? Get what you can get. He's not selling water or fuel after infrastructure gets wiped out.

nbessie1

Gold Supporting Member
dan built a guitar for me in 2017...i went thru our email chains last night just for kicks: what an excellent process, start to finish! if you have had direct experience w/ dan, i guarantee you wouldn't be sniping at the fellow on tgp...

Totally agree with this!

specialidiot

most likely to seceede
Gold Supporting Member
Anyone know what Dan is charging for double bound teles?
It would be pretty easy to ask him. Regardless he’s not going to do a custom build, you’d have to wait for a double bound to come up on his Instagram page

beeswax75

It would be pretty easy to ask him. Regardless he’s not going to do a custom build, you’d have to wait for a double bound to come up on his Instagram page
I know he won't, but if one comes up I'm curious what I'd have to drop.
Anyone here buy a double bound tele and know?

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Via Instagram in response to “Are you still retiring?”

“Maybe not-just radically changing the business process”

Great news for buyers, not so great for sellers tryin to cash in. I love Dano’s stuff and am really happy to hear this. He’s been selling guitars for $3200-ish via Instagram and they sell in minutes. I’d love to see him stick around in the years to come.
I think this story would make a great case study for someone working towards and MBA in marketing.

Voxshall

If you are saying all American Professional series guitars consistently sound one way and all Danocasters consistently sound at that same level and all Customshop Fenders consistently sound a level above, I just haven't experienced that with guitars myself. I think Danocasters do make better looking relics than customshop fender guitars, it's just a little more refined and Dano doesn't do as many things to the relic job which sticks out as being obviously unnatural. I don't own a Dano and sold all my Fender customshops, but that's my impression of them. I'd take a Dano over a Fender customshop myself.

Urobouros

Supporting Member
I think this story would make a great case study for someone working towards and MBA in marketing.
I'm selfishly pleased that my favorite builder hasn't blown up quite yet like Dano. I really want him to, of course, but after I've gotten my next custom ;) I still have to get the scratch but mandolins keep getting in the way :rolleyes::D

mvsr990

Even if he did retire too Jack up the prices, who cares? Get what you can get. He's not selling water or fuel after infrastructure gets wiped out.
Yep, he's off my radar with the price increase but good for him. Guitars, particularly high end guitars, are luxuries - get what you can for them IMO.