Danocaster P Bass Update - Delivered

Discussion in 'Stolen or Lost Gear Registry' started by aaronstrumpel, Nov 29, 2019.

1. aaronstrumpel

aaronstrumpel Supporting Member

UPDATE: DELIVERED. I called Fedex around lunch time today and asked about the tracking number to get an update and they said it had been delivered again today. Oddly enough, the tracking number now shows two packages from two places in California delivered to my house. I ran over to the studio and a roommate had brought it in for me. I don’t understand how or why or if anything shady had happened within Fedex - or if it was purely a system error - but am SO THANKFUL it ended up here. I want to send a heartfelt THANK YOU for your DMs/emails because I had really thought it was gone after tracking had shown it was delivered and my neighbor across the street confirmed she’d seen a Fedex truck that morning. If you see me or any of my buddy’s playing this bass in Denver, it’s WASN’T stolen - (at least this week, lol). Now to the small task of updating my Instagram, forums posts, CL posts, and letting the police know.

-Aaron

Hey friends. I had a FEDEX package stolen within 10min of delivery this morning (Friday after Thanksgiving) of a @danocaster_guitars Firemist Gold P Bass guitar. Bought it on Reverb and there wasn’t signature confirmation so it’s in the wind. I’ve put in a claim with FEDEX as well as a case with the local police. I’ve also posted an alert on Denver’s Craigslist. Since there’s no serial number on it, the pawn shops won’t be able to have it in their systems and I’ll need to just visit them to see if it turns up. I’ll call Guitar Center here in Colorado to let them know as well. As you can imagine, I’m pretty sick to my stomach and heart-broken over it all, so please, keep an eye out for this bass! I’ve put the specs/hangtag on the pics, but it currently had an aged white Spitfire guard on it - it shipped with the original as well. Besides all the character that Dan gave it, it also might be the only one on which he put a strap button on the back of the headstock. If you see it, please contact me - aaronstrumpel@gmail.com

Weight: 7.6lbs.
    Wood:Alder
    Finish:Firemist Gold
    Neck: C shape, Dark rosewood) w/ Clay dots
    Pickups: Fralin P 10.5K
    Hardware: Vintage Style Gotoh Res-o-lite reverse tuners, Exact period ashtrays (not just new fender ones that are aged) Strap button on headstock (only Dano-Bass with one)
    Pickguard: Custom Heavy aged WBW Spitfire (comes with original one that Dan did for it)
    Comes with original Danocaster gigbag
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    minimal fretwear likes this.
  2. silence.speaks

silence.speaks Member

That completely sucks! I'll be on the lookout in Colorado Springs.

aaronstrumpel likes this.
  3. aaronstrumpel

thank you so much! i've had some folks say packages get delivered a day after the tracking is confirmed this time of year - holding out some hope it'll still show up...

4. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Member

Damn, that is just awful. There should be a special place in hell
    for instrument thieves. :cool:

5. gibson3798

gibson3798 Member

So sorry buddy! Hope it get's located!

6. aaronstrumpel

I agree! However, thankfully, the bass was delivered by Fedex today - I've posted an update above...

SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
  7. aaronstrumpel

Thanks so much for your comment - thankfully it arrived today - see the updated post for details - couldn't be more thrilled!

gibson3798 likes this.
  8. aaronstrumpel

The bass was delivered today - kinda wild day yesterday - details are above in the post - thanks so much for your concern bro!

silence.speaks likes this.
  9. RicOkc

RicOkc Member

I've had nothing but problems with FedEx.

I ordered two small wrenches that I use for adjusting Fender bridge saddles and twice they dropped them off somewhere other than my home. Even with help from FedEx (was useless) the packages were never located. I've found packages on my porch that weren't mine that FedEx dropped off.

I finally told the shipper to send them through the Postal system and they arrived!

10. Devnor

Devnor Member

That's a dream bass. Congrats!

11. aaronstrumpel

thanks! definitely a bit of swooning over here!