• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Danzig...

Man, i'm not really into heavy metal but i've been digging these guys today. I guess i like slow blues metal like this or Sabbath.

Glenn Danzig is pretty cool. I heard Mother on the radio, i knew the song but never paid attention to who it was.. My friend told me and i've been listening to them.

Marty DiBergi

Supporting Member
Mother. That brings me back.

Every once in a while I like to throw some old Danzig and/or Misfits into the rotation. Didn't get into Samhain all that much (post Misfits pre Danzig) for whatever reason, but what I remember is that it sounded like, well, Danzig.

I do prefer the uptempo goth/glam/punk of the Misfits to the general "darkness" of the Danzig sound. Mentioned in the event you are interested in digging a bit deeper.

Cool.

JCM 800

Twist of Cain was always a favorite song of mine. Listened to a lot of Danzig in the early-mid 90's. Our band loved to play several Danzig tunes.

I got to see Suicidal Tendancies, Danzig, and MetallicA at an outdoor show in the summer of '93. That was one heck of a crazy show! Glenn is a pretty ripped guy, but he was the smallest guy in the band. Chuck Biscuits, Erie Von, and John Christ are all pretty big dudes! Some guy in the front was trying to pick a fight with Glenn.

JCM 800

He's playing here in Nashville tomorrow night. Anyone seen him on this tour?
It's always been the Glenn Danzig show, but it was much more of a band back in the day. John Christ was a cool guitar player. Now it's really Glenn solo with some hired guns. Not quite the same. :(

GarMan

Supporting Member
Danzig. The first four are classic. After he got rid of the classic line-up it was never the same. Still good, but not the same.

You take Sabbath, the Doors, Zeppelin, Elvis, all of Glenn's earlier stuff, and you have Danzig.

They were a great f'ing band!

Last edited:

jtm622

Man, Danzig went down like the Hindenburg Zeppelin after that big sombitch popped him...

Heh-heh-heh...

:)

Dumo

Supporting Member
Samhain is a very underrated band. Very unique. I grew up skating ramps to Misfits and Samhain.

jtm622

My friends and I occasionally yell NORTH SIDE KINGS, UNDEFEATED at one another.

Anyways, as good as he is (or used to be) at making music Danzig isn't really a cool guy. He's kind of a prima donna asshole who thinks WAY too highly of himself.
Looks like lifting all those weights went for naught for big Glenn... :)

Bennihana

I remember when danzig got smacked down. He wasn't the headliner but the concert relied on hos stage lights and sound setup. Dude showed up late, causing the first band to get bumped off, played early, then peered his gear turned off so no one was able to play after him. I wouldn't want to Pisa off Danny northside though. Bad idea.