Dark tone in my Strats HELP !!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by hades_1123, Jan 24, 2012.

1. hades_1123

hades_1123 Member

Oh Well, I have two 90s MIM Standard Strats, they sounded cool to me, but Last week I just bought a Brand new one, this new one feels a kinda cheap in the neck, but man, it just sound awesome!!! Tight basses and sparkly trebles :omg Love the sound :bonk

So I realized. What I'm missing on my others Strats ??:confused: The only difference is the string gauge and the year of course, all three are MIM Standards.
    Maybe I need a new set of pups. I like SD Antiquitys, love the pure vintage tone

But I just can't figured out where's the big deal in my new strat, supposedly older MIM guitars are kinda better right ??

Sugestions '??

BTW. Sorry for my bad spelled English, I just can't help myself I like TGP !!!:p

2. LReese

LReese Member

Just a few ideas"

I'd start with fresh strings and a set up, then look at hardware. IMO, you should want a bridge with a CRS steel block. Then I'd go for pickups.

3. SNick

SNick Member

Newer MIM's, from 2006 to today, are a lot better than the older ones. Fit and finish, electronics, Bridge etc. all improved. Some even have Alnico pickups, Tex-Mex, instead of ceramic magnet pickups.

4. burningyen

burningyen Member

Fender quality control is all over the map. Within each model line there are great ones and not-so-good ones. It's always best to try before you buy.

5. hades_1123

hades_1123 Member

How Can I identify a CRS steel bridge ???