Date of Ibanez pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markhail, Feb 10, 2012.

1. markhail

markhail Member

Does anyone know how to tell what year an old ibanez pedal was made and what it might be worth?

2. jkokura

jkokura Member

Usually you can tell using a combination of features like the chip used, the serial number and such. There are some great websites out there on dating TS9s. Have you googled yet?

Jacob

3. mondo500

mondo500 Member

From late 70s through the 80s the capacitors used by Ibanez/Maxon had serial numbers, the last four digits of which were the year and week of manufacture... e.g. 7923 is the 23rd week of 1979. Any pedal with the 'CE' symbol on the base would have been produced after the mid-80s.

4. groovington

groovington Member

check out analogman's website link to "tubescreamer history" and you can get all the info that I'm sure you're looking for there. I could be wrong, but the only ones that are really worth anything are the 70s and early 80s ones.

5. markhail

markhail Member

It's not a tube screamer it's a phaser, PT9. I don't think the chip thing works. Any other advice?

6. jkokura

jkokura Member

Have you looked inside yet? What did you see?

Jacob

7. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

You should still be able too look for the "CE" on the bottom sticker, which would be post mid-80's as someone mentioned, as well as a date on capacitors. Also, old TS9's had green rather than tan colored resistors, I don't know if that is the case for a phaser, but it might still help.