• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dating a Rat

Caretaker

Platinum Supporting Member
I came across an old Proco Rat pedal. I THINK it`s early 80`s. I can`t find a site to check the serial #. Anyone know of one?

vintage66

Okay, neither of my 2 Rats follow this code. I have a Rat 2 and Vintage Rat, both USA and both with LM308N chips.
Rat 2: ER3977 1804 ROC
Vint: ER3977 0006

Why are mine different? Any ideas on what years?

shaneygoo

i knew it wasn't my ex, she's a skank not a rat...

now i'm going to have to check my pots for dates...

Caretaker

Thanks guys. Off to ebay along with an MXR Distortion Plus and a TS9 Tube Screamer, all from that era or earlier.

buddachile

Reviving old thread here.

I've been searching for info for dating my Rat 2 but no luck so far. Here's what I know:

* serial is RT-257352
* pot markings are ER3977 0251
* it has the OPO7DP chip rather than the LM308N

Any ideas?

SackvilleDan

I'm looking at buying a "Small-Box RAT" sight unseen with serial number rt-063976. Any ideas of the year?

Don't think you can date them by serial no. No LED? You'll be safe. There is some history info on the ProCo page that details the subtle differences in the casings. Try barking up that tree. Or ... could you ask the seller to pop off the cover and read the no.'s from the pots to you? Hope this helps.

Trending Topics