Dave's Guitar/'60 NOS Tele Custom...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by TNJ, Jul 18, 2008.

1. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Just completed a deal with Dave @ Dave's Guitar in LaCrosse, WI.
    I'm sure alot of you know what a fine store this is, but I've never been there. One of the guitars I've been looking to replace is a Telecaster. I traded one away a few months ago for my beloved Bogner Ecstasy Classic. It was worth it, but I get a bit out of sorts if there isnt a Tele around the house...so I checked out Dave's website, and found quite a few there...go figure. :D
    Well, I had a 335 to trade, so I called him up after sending pix, and we struck a deal right away. He had a couple of the Tele Customs on hand, and said he'd send me the one he liked the best. Long story short...the Tele arrived last nite, and is easily on par with the best Tele I ever owned, which was (ironically) a Fender CS Telecaster Custom. This beauty has a wonderful top, and the neck (9.5" radius) and frets (medium jumbo) are perfect for my taste.
    Through my Heritage Patriot 212...it was BF tonal heaven! Snap and pop for days, and the twang factor is as high as I want it to be. Although the neck pup alone sounds phat as well.
    I'll try to get a pic or two up, as this one is eye candy of a high order.

Thanks again to Dave and his crew...I highly recommend them for getting the guitar of your dreams...they have the goods, and are total pro's to deal with.

S.
    j

2. damo7v

damo7v Member

Long live CS Custom Tele's! (received mine yesterday)

Pics required.

3. Weathered

Weathered Member

I bought a Thin Skin '62 Custom from Dave's over the 4th of July weekend. It was well worth the 2 hour drive for the service I received. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

4. Tweedledee

Tweedledee Member

Dave's Guitars is a fantastic shop. I've never been there, but I've purchased several guitars from them over the phone. Always an extremely positive experience.

I would love to see photos of the new Tele. I bet she's a real beauty!

5. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

Just sayin' that not posting pics with a post like this has been deemed a ban-able offense by the Admins! :BITCH

:worthless:banana

6. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

Awaiting pics..... Dave's is about a two hour drive for me. I try to make the pilgrimage a couple times of year to drool over the stock. Great people that I have dealt with many times in past and plan to do so many times in the future. Sounds like a cool axe!

7. shally

shally Member

i bought a gibson ES 5 switchmaster from them sight unseen.. it turned out to be a great value and a wonderful sounding guitar. one of my faves.
    i would have no hesitation dealing with them again.
    they are good people and have agreat stock of guitars..

8. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Just took a couple of quick pix...this baby looks better close up and personal! :AOK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

S.
    j

9. Shark Sandwich

Shark Sandwich Member

nice guitar, I custom ordered one just like that, except with the closet classic finish and 6105 frets. I asked for dark rosewood and light wood too. Mine came in at 7 pounds 4 oz. Received it a few months ago, it's a fantastic guitar.

10. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Silver Supporting Member

Thinking about driving up there tomorrow myself...

11. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

I've done many deals with them. They ARE the best, IMHO!

Tony

12. wahfreak

wahfreak Silver Supporting Member

I bought my Vinetto from Marc's. He gave me a great deal and threw in a T-shirt also. It's really an awesome store. I would easily do business again.

13. jspartz

jspartz Member

I have been going to Dave's since I was 14. I always enjoy stopping in to see what is new. If you do swing by the store make sure you visit the upstairs showroom. It is Dave's personal collection and it is unreal.

14. jspartz

jspartz Member

I should add that I am much older than that now! Anyway, for anyone looking to visit the shop, you might want to hold off a week so you can catch this...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular] The Gibson Custom Shop "Traveling Exhibit":
    [​IMG]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Gibson Custom Shop’s “Traveling Exhibit” will be here at the shop this coming July 25th & 26th. Please stop by and check it out!

This traveling Exhibit is a one of a kind, 40-foot “showroom on wheels”. Inside you will find a vast collection of Historic Reissue guitars, Artist Signature models, limited edition works of art, and much more. This year, the Custom Shop is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of five guitars so advanced, so innovative, and so futuristic, that together they represented a revolution in the electric guitar. The Les Paul Standard, Les Paul Junior, ES-335, Korina Explorer and Korina Flying V were all introduced in 1958. These guitars were created ahead of their time, and to countless innovative and adventurous players over the course of the last fifty years, their appeal has never faltered.

Visit the Gibson Custom Shop‘s Traveling Exhibit for an experience like no other. Whether you are a guitar collector, an admirer of the process or someone who simply enjoys music, without a doubt the Traveling Exhibit has something for everyone.

Gibson Clinicians Bart Walsh and John Corabi will be here at the shop on Saturday, July 26th to present an afternoon of workshop fun. This event starts at 2:00 PM and it is FREE!
    [/FONT]