• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

David Essex

The Peu

Two days ago, I woke up humming the tune of an old song I hadn't heard in more than 30 years. It was "Dance Little Girl" by David Essex, one of two songs that was on a 45 rpm vinyl that belonged to my parents. On the other side was "America" another great song.

Anyway, since then I have become obsessed with the particular sound of these songs. I couldn't find any videos or audios of them online, but I did find a great video of one of his hits with a very similar sound called "Rock On" from 1973. This is amazing.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_mzadEFuP4

TommyMambo

I thought "Rock On" had a very unique sound when it came out, with the slap back on the bass, of all things. I bought the single!

James

Yeah, I love that song "Rock On". The production is so unique, with the strings. I just pulled out that record last week thinking to myself "Self: I should really explore the other cuts on this record" but didn't hear anything else that really caught my ear. Hmm.

Hey TommyMambo! :BEER

Trending Topics