David Gilmour back to Pompei

cesmag

Waters? I doubt he will be there but who knows? They could reunite just for that special event

JRC4558Dude

Epic.

Except for the absence of Rick Wright. :(

But, why does everyone expect Rogers Waters to show up?

With the notable exceptions of Live 8, a Waters/Gilmour duet at a charity event, and a Gilmour appearance at one of Roger's Wall shows, the two of them haven't worked together since 1983.

That ship has sailed.

Last edited:

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
That's awesome! I'll be seeing him for the first time next month and I'm really looking forward to that.

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
Sweet!!

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Waters showed up and they plowed through One of These Days. It's just the type of event for a one off quasi-Floyd reunion. They seem to be on somewhat friendly terms these days. Don't know why so many think there's no chance.

Waylander

This will be great, for sure. Fits perfectly with his intention to play most of the tour in special locations.
Is the announcement of the blu ray official?

cesmag

This will be great, for sure. Fits perfectly with his intention to play most of the tour in special locations.
Is the announcement of the blu ray official?
no, just something I read on a few sites (so it MUST be true, lol)
seriously, I really hope they're gonna shot a dvd, the place is mystical for every floyd fan

jmp2204

Holy Cr**! That's great! Wonder if he'll go shirtless this time around? He better play Echoes on the Black Strat while there. My favorite band and rock movie ever!

Pompeii is one of my bucket list locations I want to visit before I am too old to enjoy it. Wonder if the original film director Adrian Maben will be involved? Better chance at that than Waters being there....

Thanks for the great news! Live@Pompeii in the disc player tonite! A remaster and Blu Ray of the original movie would be nice.

ripple

To keep fresh, keep capped & cold.
Gold Supporting Member
I wonder how this works: Can just "anybody" perform at the ampitheater at Pompeii? Or does one need to be rather famous and/or influential?

I'd assume there's quite a bit of red tape to navigate, considering it's historical significance.

Would love to crank up my JTM45 and Strat at that joint!

JCM 800

Floyd at Pompeii is desert island for me. Right at the top of my favorite Floyd ever. That version of "Echoes" blows my mind.

Can we let the entire Waters thing go? HE quit over 30 years ago. Even Waters himself has talked about how people need to get over it! Waters and Gilmour don't insanely hate each other anymore but they certainly are not friends. They never talk or see each other and neither has the desire to. There still is the occasional jab at each other. Waters has been busy the last decade doing his thing and Gilmour has been doing his own thing for a long time. Gilmour's style as a solo artist doesn't fit Rog at all.

Pink Floyd is forever done with the passing of Rick. There is no replacing him. Gilmour has said for a long time he simply has zero desire to do Floyd ever again. What's to gain for David and Roger to work together again? Neither needs the money, the fame, the accolades, and neither really wants the headache. The past is the past and it should stay that way. They are really getting up there in age and have much more important things to focus on. It's a been there, done that thing.

ripple

To keep fresh, keep capped & cold.
Gold Supporting Member
Can we let the entire Waters thing go? HE quit over 30 years ago. Even Waters himself has talked about how people need to get over it!

Probably a better chance of Muddy Waters joining Dave at Pompeii, than Roger...

Waylander

no, just something I read on a few sites (so it MUST be true, lol)
seriously, I really hope they're gonna shot a dvd, the place is mystical for every floyd fan
I have heard the rumour about a DVD/Blu-Ray even before DG started his set of shows around the globe. So hopefully there will be a result soon or at least an official statement.
But the Floyd do, what the Floyd will do and not what we want them to do (or in this case DG) :waiting

Trending Topics