David Gilmour on Jimmy Kimmel

BK Verbs

Gold Supporting Member
With a Tele too. I was hoping for bonus vids, but nothing is posted in the JKL site.

Tonekat

Gold Supporting Member
Were those Alessandro heads on his rack above the HiWatts? I couldn't see what the other guitarist was playing through, but I saw a WEM cab behind him in addition to the WEMs behind Gilmour.

bob-i

Excellent performance, solid as a rock as always. His voice sounds a bit rough but fitting.

JCM 800

Were those Alessandro heads on his rack above the HiWatts? I couldn't see what the other guitarist was playing through, but I saw a WEM cab behind him in addition to the WEMs behind Gilmour.
Yes, David does have some Alessandro heads. You can clearly see him using them in the "Bard Jam" videos.

For as long as I can remember, whoever David has as the second guitarist (Floyd or solo) he will have them use an older rig of his or gear he has used in the past. The setups are similar and based around Hiwatt heads into WEM cabs. Usually a Cornish custom board is involved.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
looks like the same telecaster from the back of the "about face" album!!!! wow!

2HBStrat

I'll give him points for staying in the game. His signature melodic guitar playing was good to hear, as was his singing. I would have preferred a different guitar tone, however, for that particular song.....more overdrive....maybe a Les Paul. The song had a good hook/riff. The lyrics were terrible......

wire-n-wood

Silver Supporting Member
I'll give him points for staying in the game. His signature melodic guitar playing was good to hear, as was his singing. I would have preferred a different guitar tone, however, for that particular song.....more overdrive....maybe a Les Paul. The song had a good hook/riff. The lyrics were terrible......
:facepalm

sixstringfuel

Hotdogs kill
I wonder what else he played last night.
The lap steel must of got used for something.
I thought it was good to see none the less.

2HBStrat

I wonder what else he played last night.
The lap steel must of got used for something.
I thought it was good to see none the less.
It seems to me that most musical acts on late night shows tend to set up their entire rigs just like they do on the rest of their tour. That way they're comfortable, the roadies are comfortable, and it's just another regular gig.....

Trending Topics