david grissom and bad cat question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wsaraceni, Jul 6, 2005.

1. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Supporting Member

it's that much better. i had to sell my amp before i got this one so i was ampless for 10 weeks or so. well worth it. if you have another amp you can use until then. you will be that much happier when you get it back.

2. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

I just saw David Grissom play (Storyville reunion) and he used a Park amp for the whole show. He had a Badcat on the floor next to the Park as a backup, but he wasn't plugged into it.

3. big mike

big mike David Grissom Wannabee Gold Supporting Member

Yeah he used the Vintage Park with Storyville on the ACL show as well. For those that don't know, Park was made by Marshall, and sold to circumvent a very bad distribution agreement with Rose-Morris.

It's likely the same (maybe a few sublte tweaks) as a Plexi Superlead. (Depending on which one it is).

4. Stu/Fat Sound

Stu/Fat Sound Member

We recently shipped a Bad Cat to PRS for David Grissom....oddly enough it was the CUB 2R model.......

5. wsaraceni

i had a cub II. That was another amazing amp. I just really needed the high gain. so the hot cat was in order. I really feel like bad cat amps were made with me in mind. I dont know why james would do that....since i absolutely suck at guitar... but i feel comfortable playing them like no other. i need one of all of them.

oh yeah.....thanks for my hot cat 30r STU!!!!!

6. flicker180

flicker180 Supporting Member

stu,

are you a Bad Cat Custom Shop dealer?

dave

7. wsaraceni

8. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I got mine from Stu, super person and store. Get a head, then, if you ever sell it, call me! :D

9. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

I've emailed back and forth with Stu several times back when I was trying to decide on an amp... awesome guy and incredibly helpful.

10. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

With BadCat "rebranding" the range to less model name variations , the importer here ditched this WildCat40R head for 50% of the new BlackCat40R price. It just happens that since he won't import 212 WildCats ( magnetic field causing EF86 channel problems , apparently ) the very , very few WildCats over here are heads . I got this a few weeks ago .
    It's quite beyond me as to why it sat on the floor for 2 years . It had
    been reduced in price many times before I saw it online ( I'm 1000 miles north of the shop so popping-in isn't an option ) . It's absolutely stunning !
    A good meaty sound : not boomy or shrill , but still transparent .

[​IMG]

.[​IMG]

.[​IMG]

It has a very even EQ and is happy with all of these Matchless speaker arrays . I don't know if I've just got a quiet EF86 , but the noise floor is so low too . Having bass/treble options on both channels is good . I'm lovin' it :)

11. big mike

big mike David Grissom Wannabee Gold Supporting Member

12. tvegas99

tvegas99 Silver Supporting Member

congrats, quite an arsenal you have there!

13. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

I was offered a cheap Matchless HC30 ( all black ) last night , but I've got too much stuff .
    My wife is going to kill me if I continue collecting .............

14. neville5000

neville5000 Supporting Member

I have a Wild Cat as well and love it. Mine is the earlier global master version, but still has the tone stack switch on the ef86 side. Both channels sound great and are quite different. I eq the ax7 side to be bright and chimey and the ef86 for serious mids. I'm running through a 2x12 with an ASW Elegante and Crossroads mix.

It's crazy to me that these and the Matchless Phoenix fly as far under the radar as they do considering how great they sound. Maybe it's because I really like El34s, but I think this blows the C-30/Black Cat entirely away.

15. SirGilmour

SirGilmour Supporting Member

16. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

I've heard David play on flat-wounds in the living room. Trust me, it's in his fingers.

17. jbt7764

jbt7764 Member

The wildcat is now called the Black cat 40. Same circuit and parts just renamed for simplicity sake.
    Shouldn't have any problems with the ef86 anywhere. We were using JJ's for a while and they were very hot. We have since switched the the EH and have had better success.
    John

18. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

Hey John , how are you keeping ? Good to see the Brand going from strength to strength :) Neil

19. jbt7764

jbt7764 Member

All is good Neil,
    The Cub III's are going out the door as fast as we can build them. The K. Master is a big hit. We are really have a lot of fun. Engineering is firing on all cylinders. We are starting to hit a nice stride after our third year here.

I have the greatest job in the world !

The best amps in the companies history are coming off of the line right now.

Let's hear some clips man!!!

John

20. ArchtopAnimal

ArchtopAnimal Member

The guys at the Aussie importer's shop tell me that since you took the helm the QC has improved to a point where the product is now exemplary . This
    Wildcat 40R is a 2012 , but I think it's flawless John . The EF86 channel is magnificent !