• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

David Holt-Perpetual Motion!

terrapin

My recent Storyville phase led me straight to this CD. Oh My Goodness, this stuff is SO good. Great songs, great production and GREAT performance. IMO Grissom/Holt is as good as it gets as collaborating guitar players, and either by themselves is so fun! I just listened to Grissom's Loud Music and Perpetual Motion back-to-back! That's jaw dropping good!

johnh

Super album. It really amazes me that the other David in Storyville gets all the attention. I love Grissom to its, but it amazes me that more people don't talk about Holty.

wichita

Thanks for the props Charlie.
Most of it was cut at my studio.
It was a fun disk to make.
David is a great player...
I played on two tracks and cut the whole disk. Some of it was mixed elsewhere, some at my place.

wichita

Fun factoid... The tone Wheels Fall off is actually a Amp Farm Marshall.
We used it as a scratch track with the intention of replacing it but it sounded so darn good we just kept that track.

TonyBony

Silver Supporting Member
I would have never thought it wasn't a perfectly miked amp because it sounds ridiculously good. This is one of my all time favorites. Great songwriting, great playing. I wish he would do another one.

gem

I have been a fan after hearing him in Storyville but when I tried to find some clips there was nothing on official websites, like Blue Corn etc.

clemduolian

Gold Supporting Member
Small world Lance...David gave me that "new CD" when he stayed out at our place during the annual 4th of July jamboree in the Hills! I never put 2&2 together before this thread.

Good reason to pull it out and crank it up!

telesquire

That cd has been a fave of mine for the last 8 years now. Gave it an airing recently...every track is strong on there.
Love his playing on this...

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Holt is amazing. Said he's working on the new CD when i asked him on FB.

Probably my all time favorite strat tones on that CD. He's every bit as impressive as grissom when he cuts loose.