DBA Super Fuzz War

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by freddy_von, Oct 4, 2017.

1. freddy_von

freddy_von Member

I've been thinking of grabbing one of these.
    Has anyone got one and compared it to the regular Fuzz War? Is there many more 'useable' tones in there that would justify owning it over a standard Fuzz War or Fuzz Warr Overload?

2. stephen sawall

stephen sawall Member

Kind of wish the dip switches were on the outside. I have a Apocalypse and use the Fuzz War mode the most.

3. ummohyeah

ummohyeah Member

Get it and I will buy it from you if you do not like it.

Jess 1971 and freddy_von like this.
  4. Kev O)))

Kev O))) Member

Looks to be a standard run of the old John Dwyer Thee Fuzz War.

5. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

Interesting, I didn't know about these! It sounds like the 'boost' can be made more useable with the dip switches. It didn't do much for me on the Overload version

6. freddy_von

freddy_von Member

Yeah, I have the Overload version and have always wanted more out of the boost side. It's completely unusable. Hoping this would be the answer.

Ardour and AXXA like this.
  7. kwaping

kwaping Guitar payer Silver Supporting Member

I have the Super Fuzz War and so far I'm not finding much utility in the boost side. It's got a raspy, high-pitch fuzzy edge to it that doesn't appeal to me. I was expecting more of a pure clean boost but with EQ via the dip switches.

Take that with a grain of salt because I don't play in a band where I need to kick on some volume for solos. I'm just a bedroom player.

I can't say enough good things about the Fuzz War itself though, sooooooo good. I'm going to keep the Super and continue to try different dip switch settings on the boost to see if I can find something I like. In the (one?) demo video of the boost, there was a switch that made it sound pretty awesome. I'm still trying to find that setting!

freddy_von likes this.