DBX 160 in a pedal?

chlorinemist

I love my DBX 160XT but I need to free up some rackspace. I know they have the 500 series version out now but 500 format is a whole new rabbit hole im not prepared to jump into yet. is there any pedal that is comparable to the sound of the 160? Was looking for a clone and was surprised not to find one.

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
Can you use the Maxon on drums? ...or better phrased, Will the Maxon sound good on drums like the dbx 160x?

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
The ad copy for the maxon is hilarious. "Notes jump off the fretboard with stunning clarity and limitless yet controlled sustain." LMFAO!

bobotwt

Silver Supporting Member
I concur! The Maxon CP9 Pro+ has been my main compressor for years.

Josh

71strat

IMHO the best Studio Grade Compressor/Limiter ( its origin is the Mayer RM58 Limiter ) in a pedal, that also runs Line Level.... is the Roger Mayer 615 Smooth.

Its based off of his RM58 Limiter, and is technically called a Wide Band Dynamic Analog Processor.

It has a frequency response of 10Hz-100kHz, and runs a full 48v ,and also runs BOTH Instrument/Line Level via 2 different inputs.

Guitar Village on Reverb is where I got mine, and was the cheapest place, ( $355.. Shipping Incl ) even though shipping from UK is almost $40USD. Its still cheaper to buy in UK vs USA. Its a $450 pedal in USA.

It also has a Harmonics knob to adjust vs different instruments/sounds. This knob adds second Harmonics.

Will work with any instrument/vocals

I also have the Mayer RM58 on the way, and IMHO is hard to beat for using on all instruments, especially since it can also be used Instrument/Line Level.

Not that I'm trying to sound like him, Noel Gallagher has the RM58 on his board.

Last edited:

Dubious

compressor-gate-boss-cl50-pro-japan-slika-73002322.jpg

Not a pedal but smaller than a 1u rack!

The boss cl50 is suppossed to be a lisenced 160 clone - has a DBX vca in it. Its kinda deep but could easily mount under a board or act as a pedal riser.

Has a remote switch jack, runs at line level.

I think i paid $35 for mine.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom