• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

DBX 166 vs. 266XL

LouRossi

I have the chance of picking up the older dbx166 for a great price. My question is. Is the sound much better then the 266 line? Thx Lou

LouRossi

Much better & only $100 dollars! Handled the bass strings of my baritone w/o those clicks & pops too...

LouRossi

hmm.. been going good w/ 166 for 4 yrs now but the 2nd channel is starting to whistle.. So, should i get repaired/modded (jim williams) or just upgrade to another unit.. Using mostly for direct recording w/ bass, guitar & stick...

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
+1 on the old 166 being way better; it was better than the 166A it replaced, which was itself better than the 266XL. (Live use on vocals)

In the age of good cheaper digital boards, analog outboard gear can be had for dirt anymore.

loudboy

hmm.. been going good w/ 166 for 4 yrs now but the 2nd channel is starting to whistle.. So, should i get repaired/modded (jim williams) or just upgrade to another unit.. Using mostly for direct recording w/ bass, guitar & stick...
You could probably buy another one for what it would cost to fix that, unless it's something really minor.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom