DBZ/Diamond Halcyon - info

gtrdave

Silver Supporting Member
I received a very cool gift recently when one of my guitar students from 30+ years ago reconnected with me and ended up giving me one of his guitars, simply to say thanks for the inspiration and friendship.
I'm humbled, to say the least.
Anyway, it's a DBZ (or) Diamond Halcyon FM in Jade Iridium and I don't know much about it other than what I've found on the internet via on the Diamond website;
Mahogany neck-thru construction
Duncan pickups
Floyd Rose Special vibrato
Grover tuners
I performed a quick cleaning and string change to my new-normal 9.5 D'Addarios. This thing is a shred machine!

Mostly what I'd like to know is what year it is and where it was made. Not that it matters much because the guitar sounds and plays great, but I'm just curious to know as much about this as I can. My friend says he bought it several years ago and that he was a Dean Guitars fan and wanted to support the new brand, but he doesn't recall more than that.
It seems the DBZ/Diamond guitar company has changed hands a couple of times and Dean Zelinsky hasn't been associated with them for nearly a decade.
Does anyone out there have any more info or experience with these?

Here it is, pictured next to my PRS Vela VR.

IMG-8089.jpg

Yamaha 350

I received a very cool gift recently when one of my guitar students from 30+ years ago reconnected with me and ended up giving me one of his guitars, simply to say thanks for the inspiration and friendship.
I'm humbled, to say the least.
Anyway, it's a DBZ (or) Diamond Halcyon FM in Jade Iridium and I don't know much about it other than what I've found on the internet via on the Diamond website;
Mahogany neck-thru construction
Duncan pickups
Floyd Rose Special vibrato
Grover tuners
I performed a quick cleaning and string change to my new-normal 9.5 D'Addarios. This thing is a shred machine!

Mostly what I'd like to know is what year it is and where it was made. Not that it matters much because the guitar sounds and plays great, but I'm just curious to know as much about this as I can. My friend says he bought it several years ago and that he was a Dean Guitars fan and wanted to support the new brand, but he doesn't recall more than that.
It seems the DBZ/Diamond guitar company has changed hands a couple of times and Dean Zelinsky hasn't been associated with them for nearly a decade.
Does anyone out there have any more info or experience with these?

Here it is, pictured next to my PRS Vela VR.

IMG-8089.jpg
I love DBZ guitars. I cannot tell you about that model but where it was made. It was made in Korea in the world factory. World Music Supply owns them now. I love these models and cane tell you some info on these. And they are so cheep used and over looked. :banana

The DBZ Prey V was expensive but sold as a display model demoed at shows and such they sold it used on their web site really cheap one year. Great quality for different looking guitars. Example pictures. Not my pictures. These pictures are so nice I personally could not take pictures as good as these. :aok :banana

M7dwpon.jpg

tWuF6ur.jpg

lZDumrJ.jpg

WCoi3cX.jpg

fO3io79.jpg

7RqE31x.jpg

LbXNjOB.jpg

gtrdave

Silver Supporting Member
I love DBZ guitars. I cannot tell you about that model but where it was made. It was made in Korea in the world factory. World Music Supply owns them
now.

Aren't those the folks that used to build the PRS SE series?

Regardless, thanks for the info. Yes, this guitar is very nice. I just ordered a D-tuna for the Floyd. I was going to buy an EVH guitar with one, but since I got this I figured I'll try it out and see how well it works and use it as my drop-D VH guitar on the songs that need it.

Yamaha 350

Aren't those the folks that used to build the PRS SE series?

Regardless, thanks for the info. Yes, this guitar is very nice. I just ordered a D-tuna for the Floyd. I was going to buy an EVH guitar with one, but since I got this I figured I'll try it out and see how well it works and use it as my drop-D VH guitar on the songs that need it.
Yes way before Cort did. They also make Schecter and 100's of other brands as well.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom