1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

DC/MD/VA Gear Swap

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by FlyingVBlues, May 5, 2009.

1. airshow randy

airshow randy Member

2. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

Thank you, you are too generous! Really enjoyed chatting with you and playing through the pedal amp. Get ready because it will sell like hotcakes!

BTW real name is Victor, but yeah, CharAznable is pronounced exactly as Charles Aznavour!

3. D. Robinson

D. Robinson Supporting Member

Glad somebody wasn't afraid to try the beast! You are an incredible player. I'd also like to echo Vlad's sentiment and say thanks to Steve for hosting such a great event, there was a wealth of great gear in the room. It's always fun to get together with fellow gear nerds.

4. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

I loved the looks of that lemon PRS 594, but I didn't know who it belonged to! I was afraid to touch it without permission, but really hope to play one some day.

5. FlyingVBlues

FlyingVBlues Gold Supporting Member

The PRS 594 was mine. I'm going to be in Italy for a couple of weeks but if you would like to try it after I get back we can arrange to meet.

6. skhan007

You are too kind, sir! Thanks and let's follow up when schedules permit.

7. Viking Amps

Viking Amps Member

8. Viking Amps

Viking Amps Member

Sorry Victor your handle threw me a bit. I'll remember from now on.

That would be really nice if they sold well. I did what I could to keep the price as low as possible without sacrificing tone. I'm using my own custom design transformers from Heyboer and Ice. Also using quality parts throughout. I won't have much profit per amp sold but if I sell enough I might do alright. I also designed them to be buildable in a timely way so that if I do get a lot of orders I shouldn't get backed up. I hate making customers wait. In fact I could have released it a long time ago but I was working on making it manufacturable. Thanks for you interest.

9. flyingheelhook

flyingheelhook Member

Sorry I couldn't make it; family matters prevailed.

10. FlyingVBlues

You have your priorities right. Family is always the most important thing.

Trainwreck likes this.
  11. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

With Steve moving soon to Italy, this event may well have been the last of its kind for the local TGP'ers. I will admit I was disappointed the attendance wasn't higher considering how many people posted beforehand they would be coming but surely no personal judgments on that, just noting it. If we do ever have a reprise, I assume we'll need another venue and a new fearless leader for it.

12. FlyingVBlues

The Community Center in my development is only available to residents. The American Legion Dyer-Gunnell Post 180 in Vienna has a hall and several large meeting rooms available for rentals that would be suitable. There are also several VFW posts in the area that have rental halls available. Another possibility would be renting Jammin' Java or someplace similar for an afternoon.

13. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

I thought Steve was only going to be a part timer in Italy. We are losing him permanently? That will made me sad.

14. FlyingVBlues

My wife and I are planning to retire at the end of the year. We will be living in Italy 10 months of the year, but we'll be back from November to early January for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

15. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

I was a true honor to have met and spent time with you Steve. You are the very definition of a class act. I hope you and your wife enjoy Italy to the fullest extent.

Jon Silberman and vladorg like this.
  16. geekocaster

geekocaster Supporting Member

17. skhan007

Wow, that sounds incredible! I'd love to even just visit Italy, let alone retire there.

You definitely don't want to travel with that delicate PRS 594. I'm happy to keep it at my place for those 10 months out of the year. You know, just trying to be helpful, here.

18. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Hey, pals, I'm trying to call Lance Hallam but my old number I have for him just rings and rings without going to a voicemail box and he didn't answer my Conversation (sent just yesterday, admittedly, but it cost him a jam invite!). If you have Lance's contact info. could you send it to me, please? Thanks.

19. FlyingVBlues

Jon, check your PMs

Jon Silberman likes this.
  20. skhan007

I loved the sound of your pedal/amp! Are you going to put up any clips on YouTube or on your website?

Jon Silberman likes this.