DC/MD/VA Gear Swap

Discussion in 'Interactive Administrator Threads' started by FlyingVBlues, May 5, 2009.

1. temple12

temple12 Noodler Extraordinaire Silver Supporting Member

I have a feeling my heyday has passed me by :)

Qstick333 likes this.
  2. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I had two newborns 24 and 21 years ago. Yes, they take a lot of time and will cut into your sleep but know also the world doesn't stop turning upon their arrival. If you love guitar playing, too, you'll find a way to make time for it even if it's practicing unplugged between naps.

And on the subject of babies and naps, you don't have to be the author of Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems (the absolute best book I know of on how to teach your children good sleeping habits that will serve them for their lifetimes) to understand that you don't dramatically change your living and noise patterns to suit your baby - you acclimate your baby to your living and noise patterns. Don't be fooled into thinking babies are hypersensitive fossilized little things. In fact, they're amazingly adaptable.

[​IMG]

Multicellular, temple12 and Bossanova like this.
  3. temple12

temple12 Noodler Extraordinaire Silver Supporting Member

Thank you for the tips! We're having alot of success sleeping, thankfully. But the first 6 months have dramatically cut my playtime down. I'm starting to get back into the swing with playing a bit but it's still hard to work out a schedule with work and the wife needing time.

4. mcknigs

mcknigs Supporting Member

When my daughter was an infant (though not newborn) I used to watch her for periods in the morning. I got playing and writing time in by writing songs to her while she sat and watched me. Later, I had a recording studio in the basement under her room. Having bands in to record didn't seem to prevent her from conking out when it was time. :)

temple12 likes this.
  5. Bossanova

Bossanova Silver Supporting Member

As a maybe/soon parent, you all are freaking me out! I'm reporting these posts to the TGP police.

The Opera Panther likes this.
  6. Jon Silberman

I don't understand why our posts aren't calming you down as opposed to freaking you out. We're telling you everything will be OK!

temple12 and mcknigs like this.
  7. The Opera Panther

The Opera Panther Supporting Member

Oooooh. The “maybe” part is always fun. Do tell!

But seriously, it’ll be fine. Kids adapt. I’ve got an 8 year old, and I’ve been playing around him since we brought him home from the hospital. Loud amps in the basement during nap time, etc. it’ll be fine.

Bossanova likes this.
  8. Bossanova

We’re talking about it. Every time I see a guitar for sale with the “must sell baby coming” crap I panic :)

The Opera Panther likes this.
  9. The Opera Panther

The Opera Panther Supporting Member

Pfff. I’ve definitely got more guitars now than I did pre-kid. Those guys are doing it wrong. :facepalm

Oh- and don’t let anyone tell you that you need to move to the burbs because you had a kid. Stay in town. (I did)

Bossanova likes this.
  10. Bossanova

I’m lucky in that regard. The lady hates the burbs.

11. Qstick333

Qstick333 Member

I’m going to recommend the sticks....beats the burbs and the town. Except that I can’t find anyone within 90 minutes to refret a strat and I’m too busy for that drive.... seriously - you will be fine. After a drop of time you will all get in a groove. My daughter, who is 7, is starting to play an acoustic in open g so we can jam together.

12. PRSAtomic

PRSAtomic Supporting Member

Anyone interested in a Dr. Z Z-Best cabinet? I live in Woodbridge on the border of Manassas. The cabinet has Celestion speakers in it, one Vintage 30 and G12-65. As far as a trade goes I have GAS for these things:
    A Range Master clone
    All things fuzz
    Multi channel ODs or preamp pedals
    A MIM Strat

I'm going to post it in the emporium after I renew my subscription and on Reverb for local pickup.

13. Bossanova

SOLD i've got a MIM Tele a white LP studio () and a tweed Blues Jr (I need to move for a friend. These will be at Action music if nobody here is interested.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  14. JackedEagle

JackedEagle Member

I'm looking for a 1x12 closed-back cabinet if anyone has one they are interested in letting go.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  15. mcknigs

mcknigs Supporting Member

I've got one I should probably sell. Purchased in a moment of weakness. Don't really need it. PM me.

16. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

My daughter is about to be 3 and if anything, it's made me appreciate the time I have playing music even more. Oh, and like the others, I am accumulating more/better gear now. Funny how that happens. Ha!

On a quick side note, we're in Germany now and looking at returning to the DC/NOVA/MD after this. Would love to connect with you all again when/if we do.

17. Jon Silberman

Let us know when you're back and settled!

18. Jazzydave

Jazzydave Seeker Silver Supporting Member

Will do!

mcknigs likes this.
  19. mcarte07

mcarte07 Supporting Member

$1,600 for local friends on my Matchless Lightning head and Matchless ESS 112 cab with covers and new power tubes

PRSAtomic and Bossanova like this.
  20. Bossanova

Where are we with the gathering plans?