• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

DC Timeline coming to a store near you?

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Hmmm, Musician's Friend is suggesting on their site that the Timeline should arrive this Wednesday. Why then am I feeling so skeptical? Are any of you still interested in this product? Do you think it will make it's way to retaillers in January as suggested?

forum_crawler

I hope it does. More people should have these babies... I am happy with mine, and although it is big, I don't care. It sounds awesome!

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
I'm really happy to hear that you're still digging yours! Is there anything about it, size aside, that you don't like?

Hopefully I'll have one by Feb unless the company is toast.

imaguy2

I'm really happy to hear that you're still digging yours! Is there anything about it, size aside, that you don't like?

Hopefully I'll have one by Feb unless the company is toast.
Well it's really ugly and it needs to be run off of the adapter it comes with (not Pedal Power or similar). It would be nice to have a numerical display to show some exact data, but I'm sure this can be hooked up some way via MIDI.

Asides from that this thing is insane...

I spent all weekend programming presets/patches with my MIDI Mate and I am still finding new sounds. The flexibility that MIDI control gives you means you suddenly have TONS of different sounds accesible by just cuing up a preset with your controller.. It can do everything from the most basic delays up to 3 separate delays which all simultaneously adjust tempo with tap tempo (unlike Yamaha's UD Stomp). You can create reverbs, flangers, chorus, vibrato, leslies, ring mods, etc. ETC. based on the way you setup the delays and modulations...

And btw, the tube thing at first seemed really gimmicky to me, but trust me, it is anything BUT gimmicky after you hear what these tubes can do for your sounds.. I can't speak highly enough of this pedal. Yeah.

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Well it's really ugly and it needs to be run off of the adapter it comes with (not Pedal Power or similar). It would be nice to have a numerical display to show some exact data, but I'm sure this can be hooked up some way via MIDI.

Asides from that this thing is insane...

I spent all weekend programming presets/patches with my MIDI Mate and I am still finding new sounds. The flexibility that MIDI control gives you means you suddenly have TONS of different sounds accesible by just cuing up a preset with your controller.. It can do everything from the most basic delays up to 3 separate delays which all simultaneously adjust tempo with tap tempo (unlike Yamaha's UD Stomp). You can create reverbs, flangers, chorus, vibrato, leslies, ring mods, etc. ETC. based on the way you setup the delays and modulations...

And btw, the tube thing at first seemed really gimmicky to me, but trust me, it is anything BUT gimmicky after you hear what these tubes can do for your sounds.. I can't speak highly enough of this pedal. Yeah.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience. :BEER

elicious

Gold Supporting Member
*SPOILER ALERT*

I actually spoke with someone at DC about a week ago and he said that he doubted that there would be Timelines/GlassNexuses in mass release any time soon...I asked whether "anytime soon" meant before springtime and he said he seriously doubted it. I told him about TGP and that there was a core demand for their products in our community and that we were the kind of people who are buying their products. Take my report for what it's worth but I went ahead and bought a Timefactor instead....

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
*SPOILER ALERT*

I actually spoke with someone at DC about a week ago and he said that he doubted that there would be Timelines/GlassNexuses in mass release any time soon...I asked whether "anytime soon" meant before springtime and he said he seriously doubted it. I told him about TGP and that there was a core demand for their products in our community and that we were the kind of people who are buying their products. Take my report for what it's worth but I went ahead and bought a Timefactor instead....
Thanks for the scoop. I've posted a couple of threads in recent months both expressing desire to purchase a Timeline as well as healthy dose of skepticism regarding these constant disappointing new product projections. It's seems to me that this is indicitive of a company in major trouble. No product - no profit. I can't speak for their other products which I have no interest in however the various clips of the Timeline that I've heard have captured my imagination and just simply stood out amongst the competition. It's ironic that the product is called the Timeline when apparently there is no timeline for it's return to market. At the risk of being unduely tough when things aren't going well I have to say that Damage Control's communication or lack thereof has been abysmal. Going to there internet site is like going to a ghostown. It's really too bad. So to all you lucky Timeline owners out there, it looks like you've got a collectors item in your possession. Lucky devils. :Devil If any of you hear any additional information please keep us posted.

Trending Topics