DD-20 Power Up & LCD Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rickkane32, Nov 25, 2005.

1. rickkane32

rickkane32 Member

When you power up the Boss DD-20 is there any way to default so when the pedal comes on it is off? I know that you can leave it on SOS mode but I don't want to do that because that will suck tone. In addition, is there any way to keep the backlit display always on when it powers up? I love this pedal and want to make it even more user friendly. Thanks for any advice.

Rick Kane

2. rickkane32

rickkane32 Member

Is there anybody out there...Bueller...Bueller...

3. meterman

meterman Member

Yeah I wish the backlit display would just stay on, I hate not being able to see my tempo settings on a dark stage and can't reach down to press those two buttons.

As for your first question, just curious, why is that an issue? Just wondering what application you would need that feature for.....

4. rickkane32

rickkane32 Member

Every time I plug my pedal board in the DD-20 is "On" in the chain with delay. I would like to have it off until I engage the pedal to turn the delay on. Sorry my original post was a bit cryptic:)

Rick

5. ABKB

ABKB Member

No way to have it to "off when you power up as a default as far as I know, but according to the manual, you can keep the backlit display on if you press the TAP and TEMPO button on at the same time. If you use batteries this will eat them alive, but if you use AC, go for it. I keep my display on all the time and it has worked like a charm.

6. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Maybe I don't understand . . .but if the pedal if off how will your signal pass throught it unless it's truebypass (which it's not) ?

7. rickkane32

rickkane32 Member

Every time I power up my board I manually press both TAP and TEMPO to turn the display on. I was wondering if there is some way to program it so every time you turn it on the display comes on and stays on.

Rick

8. rickkane32

rickkane32 Member

Anybody else have any feedback on how to keep the LCD on after powering on? :confused:

rickkane32

9. Jason Calieri

Jason Calieri Silver Supporting Member

I have a few pedals that turn on automatically when I power up my pedal board. A little bit annoying, having to make sure everything is turned off before I start playing.