DD-20 seamless switching - can I turn it off?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gutbag, Mar 6, 2008.

1. gutbag

gutbag Member

I need to use a DD-20 setting with a very short delay time, maximum feedback and 100% wet. The problem is that when I turn it off, it continues forever because of seamless switching (I presume). I can make it stop by changing various knob settings but that's not very practical. Does anyone have any ideas for solving this?

I thought about connecting to the B output and switching between A & B to get dry/wet but then if I want to switch back to wet later in the song (I do) the old wet signal will still be there.

Any clues?

2. peaky

peaky Member

Hi there,

I guess you could put it in a bypass looper of some sort. That way you can either utilise the delay trails or turn the delay off dead like you want. I know it might not be ideal for you but its the only way I can think of. I'm not sure if there is a way to turn off this feature within the pedal itself - could be wrong though.

3. dahn8

dahn8 Member

I dont have my DD20 on me so i can't double check, but i think if you save your setting as a preset and then switch TWO presets later (ie move from bank 1 to 3), your delay will stop.... (but then you'd have to worry about your other preset's settings).

i could be wrong though.... i just seem to recall something funky happening when switching multiple banks...

4. giggedy

giggedy Member

just press the right button twice, the trails will stop from the original patch. You could set up patch 1 with the one you want, and then patch 3 with no delay.

5. gutbag

gutbag Member

Thanks for the replies. It looks as though the best I can do is to change patches twice. I'm off to practise dancing. :worried