1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

DD-20 Warp/Twist settings

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Laxrappa11, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Laxrappa11

Laxrappa11 Member

im having trouble understanding the uses of these modes. when you have the effect turned on, it will act like a fairly standard digital sounding delay. then when you hold down the on/off pedal, the delays will begin to oscillate in a strange way. however, you cant change how they oscillate? simply when? how do you use these modes?

2. never-enough

never-enough Member

i use the warp mode alot.
    when holding the pedal down, the delays swell in.
    simple but i find it very useful.
    i have not found a way to use the twist setting in a musical way, maybe i havent spent enough time with it.

3. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I haven't spent time beyond the modulation and standard setting... I should play more with my DD-20 to understand it better.

4. LeeSympathetic

LeeSympathetic Supporting Member

The Warp Mode is pretty useful.
    Endless repeats in a hit of a button, rather than to tweak your Feedback knob.

Twist is an oscillation effect... Although it doesn't sound too good imho.

5. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

I used to use Warp a lot, I would press it on the last couple of beats in a song and the delays would build up and end the song nicely. I never used Twist, it was just too wierd. Now I use an Eventide.

6. SGosden

SGosden Member

the only time i use the twist is for a build up sort of bridge between an clean intro and a distorted song

if you get what im saying, ... apart from that it can just boost the noise level to irritate band mates :)

7. ZachariahG

ZachariahG Member

in my old band, i used to use the "twist" effect to just make noise in one of our set intros. fans freaking loved it. you can somewhat control the pitch of the fake oscillation by playing a note on your guitar, then, the effect will go to whatever pitch that is. it takes some practice, but it can be a fun little effect. not extremely musical though.