DD-7 Stereo Panning

thesooze

So I've got a DD7 that I recently starting using more in stereo. To my dismay, I cannot seem to get a setting that does not hard pan the delay trails from left to right each alternate repeat. I used to use a DD20 in stereo that wouldn't hard pan like this. I liked the fact that both stereo sides still had the same rhythm as each other. The DD7 is giving me drastic ping pong delay trails on each setting. This is not always what I'm after...

Is this just a "feature" of the DD-7? Am I missing the setting to turn this off? Would other boss single pedal size delays also hard pan like this, i.e. the DD5, DD6, etc.

Alan Angel

Not according to the manual. If you plug into input B only, you get effect+direct outputs, instead of panning outputs. Could you put something stereo before it? Even a tuner with two outputs or something?

thesooze

Not according to the manual. If you plug into input B only, you get effect+direct outputs, instead of panning outputs. Could you put something stereo before it? Even a tuner with two outputs or something?
What does "effect+direct outputs" mean? Some of this stuff is just beyond me :)

Stratobuc

Why are you playing in stereo when you don't want that effect? You're making no sense. Just play in mono.

earwax

Why are you playing in stereo when you don't want that effect? You're making no sense. Just play in mono.
I play in stereo but rarely use a ping pong delay. I would be annoyed as well if stereo was the same thing as ping pong.

thesooze

I play in stereo but rarely use a ping pong delay. I would be annoyed as well if stereo was the same thing as ping pong.
Yes, this.

I use a Timeline on another board that sounds nice and balanced in stereo. Same thing with the DD20 I used to own. I was just asking a simple question- can I adjust the DD7 to do this or am I stuck with ping pong delay?

Trending Topics